Motocontrol bixenon H4 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motocontrol bixenon H4 wiring

Hi there, could someone enlighten me on what are the meniongs of the 3 wires in the Motocontrol bixenon H4 plug?
    What is Orange for (low beam ?)
    What is Blue for (high beam?)
    What is White for (ground ?)

I could not find information about these on TRS's website. The thing is that my car has a custom plug that goes in the headligh (about 7 wires going in it) and I would like to splice from the car's plug and connect the correct wires to the Motocontrol plug.

This is how my plug looks like (wireing wise).
    Halogen_Connector.jpg

I wonder if there is another connector inside the headlight that is actually H4, for the H4 bulb. It may be easier to tap from there.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I had to work out what was what today when I did the wiring on my lights using this harness.

When looking from the front where the pins stick out, left is high beam, top is dipped beam right is ground.

As as said, before making final connection check all is working as it should

Comment

@satrya - Inside the headlight there are two "connectors" that plug dirrectly in the bulbs. One is for the h4 bulb and the other for the h1 bulb. That's all that there is in there. All of the other wires come from the "main headlight plug" and go dirrectly to the side bulb and signal bulb.
        @trups - i'll give it a go like this. I'm just worried that i might burn something in the harness if i wire them incorrectly. I find it odd that TheRetrofiSource is not providing this important information. After all not all cars have h4 or 9004 connectors.

Comment

The wiring colors are as follows:

Brown = Low
          Blue = High
          White = Ground

What is the year make and model of the car that you are working on? Sounds to me like it could be an early Infiniti G car, in which case the H1 bulb up top is the low beam and the H4 plug on the bottom is for the high beam/ fog lights. In this case there is no reason to use the H4 Motocontrol unless you are working on doing something custom. I would recommend that you go with our low beam HD Relay to control the on/off of your HID components for the low beam and a custom splitter for the high beam if you want it to still function as normal as both your low beams and fog lights.

Comment

My car is an european Ford model. It is called the Ford Mondeo mk3 (simmilar with the Ford FiveHundred). It is a 2005 year model with halogen headlights.
            I have already bought the H4 Motocontrol so i'm going to use it I just need a way of hacking it properly.
            If i somehow connect the wires wrong, is there a chance that i mught burn something inside the controller of the relay ?

Comment

Originally posted by iulibizz View Post
              If i somehow connect the wires wrong, is there a chance that i mught burn something inside the controller of the relay ?
              As long as everything in that compound connector is either ground or regular battery-ish voltage (12 - 13.8V or so), and as long as you don't short the pins (e.g. by crossing some wiring together), I would think that whichever 3 pins you tap will not damage anything.

To be safe, you can always have someone help you with the oem light switch. Have this person move the oem light switch from off, park, low, high, and flash-to-pass. On each position, use a voltmeter to observe which pins work. You can start with the pin configuration that TRSNate listed. If the voltmeter shows current running through (by the voltage mode of the multimeter showing some voltage in that 12-14V range), then those are the right pins.

Comment

Satrya, thanks for your input. You are correct, this is the way i'll do it. I'll just use a voltmeter to check for current and go from there step by step.
                Thank you all for your input.

Comment

Good luck, and it may make sense to post an update in this thread for the benefit of others that have the same setup.

TRSNate's list is probably a good starting point either way.

Comment

So, finally i managed to set up one hedlighy today and this is what came up. Can you guys tell me if that looks ok or not? To me it looks as the cutoff is a bit fuzzy. Does thebulb spot look ok though ? for a morimoto D2S ?
                    On the right there is the halogen headlight
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks beautiful
                      Originally posted by nine44
                      350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Looks perfect for that projector, they all have that one fuzzy spot. But that is very sharp and straight, so that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                          Looks perfect for that projector, they all have that one fuzzy spot. But that is very sharp and straight, so that's what matters most.
                          So i managed to finish one headlight with shroud and headlight screen mounted, and the cutoff looks oweful.

Something went wrong between testing without the plastic front and no shroud and now with everithing mounted.
                          What might have gone wrong? I'll try and reseat the bulb but.... there is also some spots of light above the cutoff. What would that be from? That's not squirel finder that's something ugly

Tomorrow i'll do the otherone and see how that cones up.
                          Shrouds used are appollo. The light seem to come out from the slots too.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Bulb seating?

Comment

My guess is the headlight lens is distorting the cutoff. If so, it happens to everyone.

Originally posted by cthunder
                              The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                              Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

Working...
                              X