H7C Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H7C Bulbs

I've come across H7C bulbs a few times on the internet but don't know a huge amount about them other than they are aftermarket H7 HID bulbs which are a little bit shorter.

What I'm wondering is are these bulbs supposed to produce a better beam pattern than the more common H7 hid bulbs as they are closer in size to an original H7 bulb or are they just shorter to fit in tighter headlight housings?

Thanks

There is no way for them to produce a better beam pattern, only thing it can do it have better clearance in the head light.

Comment

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...D-amp-HID-fail

here's my LOL thread on so-called high end HID projector performance H7RC HID Kits (and LED kits in H11 applications)

you can draw your own conclusions

Comment

Originally posted by toooosloooow View Post

here's my LOL thread on so-called high end HID projector performance H7RC HID Kits (and LED kits in H11 applications)

He won't quit ! lol http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...y-2014-edition

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
          There is no way for them to produce a better beam pattern, only thing it can do it have better clearance in the head light.
          What exactly are you referring to when you say better clearance in the head light?

Originally posted by toooosloooow View Post

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
          Thanks, I'll have a read of these

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_TDI View Post
            What exactly are you referring to when you say better clearance in the head light?
            Our H3C bulbs are shorter physically than the H3 bulbs, the "C" representing a shorter glass capsule. In shallow housings, this is necessary.

2015 Ford Party ST | 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Dr. LS460R: 227 built to date!

Comment

Originally posted by TRSAndrew View Post
              Our H3C bulbs are shorter physically than the H3 bulbs, the "C" representing a shorter glass capsule. In shallow housings, this is necessary.
              So other than being able to fit into more confined headlamp housings there is no advantages over a conventional h7 hid aftermarket bulb?

I was half thinking due to being more similar in size to a standard h7 bulb that they might give better alignment or beam pattern...or not lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_TDI View Post
                So other than being able to fit into more confined headlamp housings there is no advantages over a conventional h7 hid aftermarket bulb?

I was half thinking due to being more similar in size to a standard h7 bulb that they might give better alignment or beam pattern...or not lol
                Better, maybe? But still very very far removed from ideal. There is no way to place an HID bulb in a halogen based reflector/projector and have it be ideal. Halogen and HID are two completely different light sources.

Originally posted by cthunder
                The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

More clearance = more distance between the end of the bulb and the cutoff shield

Comment

Working...
                  X