BiXenon Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BiXenon Problem

Hi guys, I just got done installing the Morimoto Mini H1s into my stock housings. The vehicle is a 1997 Honda Accord Sedan. The issue I am having is that when the solenoids are wired to the high beam wires, and I flash, or turn on the high beams the shield drops, but won't go off after I switch them off. They only will go back to lows after I turn the low beams off. I have isolated this problem to something to do with some excess current in the wires since when one high beam is wired to an actual high beam bulb, the shield on the other projector functions perfectly as intended and vice versa. My thoughts are a resistor or diode need to go somewhere, but I don't have enough knowledge to know exactly what I need.

Thanks for your help!

Which mini h1s do you have
    AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

sounds like mini h1 5.0 or earlier. never had sticking issues with the 6.0's. no matter the current either. i stress tested them with 12v and it didn't fry or fail. and if it stays down you must have a constant on after activation wire of some sort. also like always check the grounding. I've seen a grounding issue mess with some of anything in cars lol

Comment

I'm not sure, I bought them second hand. Independently they work fine (connected to 9V battery) so it doesn't seem like them sticking. Should I try grounding the solenoids directly to the car, instead of to the ground of the highs?

Comment

Does the reflector bowl look like one smooth surface, or does it look like two different surfaces top and bottom, joined together? Mini H1 6.0 has 2 facets, so the top bowl is wider than the bottom.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Does the vehicle have factory fog lights? Often times the fog lights can be tied into high beam circuits and can cause funky stuff to happen. Either that or a potential sticking solenoid - but you noted there is excess voltage on one of the lines.

Maybe test all the circuits with a multi-meter, check fog operation (if installed/applicable) and check for sticky solenoids.

Happy Monday

Comment

Sylvania's auto bulb replacement guide says your particular model uses 9006 halogen low beams, so it is not a dual filament. Otherwise, I had the same experience BFC described above, where depending on the pin assignment of the harness, I can get several pin configurations where low beams work, and high beams either work with funny side effects, or not at all.

Also check if the presence of factory foglights make a difference; some manufacturers make foglights turn off when high beams are on by sharing the wiring of high beams and foglights. If so, it might alter the current enough for the solenoid not to operate consistently. Do you have oem foglights?
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Fog lights WERE an option on the vehicle however I do not have OEM fogs. I have aftermarket fogs wired into the high beam. They are currently disconnected at the battery so there would be no current through them...

Comment

Working...
                X