ModifyStreet HID Conversion Kit HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModifyStreet HID Conversion Kit HELP!

My sincerest apologies if something like this has been posted already! I searched the forums to the best of my ability!!

I recently purchased a set of HID headlights from ModifyStreet: http://www.modifystreet.com/7x6-H601...rsion-Kit.html

I had a friend install the headlights and I have very little knowledge when it comes to cars. My problem is the light coming from my headlights is nearly nonexistent. I avoid night driving!! If there's been some emergency where I've had to drive at night, I basically rely on my fog lights to see! The light appears scattered and dim. Do I need to replace the bulbs for this kit to work somewhat decent or did I get screwed over?

Thank you in advance and please be kind, I bought "cheap" headlights because they were in my budget.

Post pictures of the output?
    Originally posted by gold94corolla
    it gets you all the b*tches

Comment

I think you got screwed over.

Comment

The ~2" "lens" that sits in front of the H4 halogen bulb looks identical to the lens that sits in front of this H4 halogen bulb:

With that seemingly shared part, perhaps the reflector design is similar to the one in the 7" round projector above. The H4 halogen output looks like this:
        (low beam halogen)

(high beam halogen)

@OP, does your output look like that? Note that the HID bulb will make the output slightly different, but not necessarily better.

I would salvage the housing and put a pair of used oem biXenon projectors in there; some of them can be had for US$40 a pair.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Derp, I guess that would be helpful! I'll take some pictures as soon as it's completely dark!

Comment

@Satrya: I could easily be wrong, but I think the output from the lights you've posted are better than mine. I would have my other headlights put back in (just standard headlights from Auto Zone, purchased just before these), but they're just as bad. =[

Comment

That's not reassuring. Either way, posting some output pictures would help shed more light on this.

I still recommend keeping the housing and retrofitting a decent pair of projectors. I have a feeling any ready made HID solution for your case won't have that good of an output.

Comment

I feel this has happened to someone else on here before ha. Isn't that just s dummy projector or lens? And the reflector bowl is painting black, thus losing all output?

Comment

The black headlights in the first post would definitely be worse.
                  1.) The reflector is painted black. Which significantly reduces output.
                  2.) Those are not projectors. That is just a hunk of glass stuck in there to fool people. That also ruins the beam pattern.
                  3.) Those sell on ebay for $50-$60.... about half what that site charges.
                  You got triply screwed with those.
                  Last edited by VIP1; July 18th, 2014, 06:41 PM.
                  www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
                  Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
                  Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

^
                    The one thing that will most likely confuse people, is because the direct light (i.e. those that doesn't bounce off the reflector) isn't redirected properly, the glare will make it look like these headlights are an improvement.

Comment

These pictures are kind of blurry (sorry!), the light emitted is white not yellow.
                      Taken from 15-20 feet from the garage.

Low beamDSCF0489.jpg

High beamDSCF0490.jpg

Comment

Definitely needs to be replaced. Those criss cross striations on the ground; is that from the edges of the facets of the reflector? I guess the edges are not as black as the facet surfaces, so they reflect more than the facets themselves.

Can you return these and get a less expensive housing to retrofit instead?

Comment

Ah man, sorry you wasted so much money on those! The reflectors are all black, so there is no reflection anymore (they need to be chrome). That's the biggest problem. The lens thing in front of the bulb doesn't help either. You need to find some regular chrome lights.

Comment

Holy terrible output
                            AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

That's actually more output than I thought they'd have lol

Comment

Working...
                              X