Bi-Xenon info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi-Xenon info

Hi I have a question about bi-xenon replacement bulbs,can they be interchanged with with other aftermarket ballast,s I already have a Lo/Hi hid kit and just wanted to uprade to bi-xenon is that possible oo and the bulb size is h13

I don't believe there is a standard for "biXenon" bulbs. Taking the fact that they are not a good idea in terms of their light output, I've seen 2 general types:
    (1) HID low beams and a small halogen high beam
    (2) One HID bulb, with either a moving shield for high beam, or a moving base to change the focal point of the HID arc in high beam mode

Either way, the variations don't guarantee to take the same signal afaik.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Ok Well the bulbs I'm looking at are h13 bi xenon dual beam:low BEAM HID, high Beam HID

Comment

I have a question, by reading this thread, it is making me think that you probably don't have a HID Projector? I could be wrong, it's just that retrofitted projectors usually have the shield and uses the same bulb. Also, don't buy crappy bulbs somewhere that swears they bulbs last 5 years, as eBay or any other wacko company. In the past, I had crappy bulbs, their color temps were not the same as stated, plus they will burn out in less than a year. Get TRS Hid light, you will never regret it.

Comment

I don't have projectors and their DC bulbs by SDX from amazon

Comment

I don't exactly understand your original question, but I'll take a stab at it.

You want to upgrade to bixenon. There are two ways to interpret this:

1) You want to upgrade to a true bixenon system, which would involve retrofitting a bixenon projector. This is a good idea.

2) You want to get away from the xenon/halogen combo bulb and go to a xenon bulb with a solenoid actuator for highbeam function. This is a bad idea.

As for bulbs interchanging with ballasts, I would venture to say that the ballasts should interchange.
            Originally posted by Bitter
            They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

Ok well I understand how retrofitting works and all I just didn't want to get that involved with it.... So then is their a difference between bi xenon and Lo/Hi bulbs ?? Because I thought Hi/Lo was low beam Hid high beam halogen and bi xenon was both low and high beam Hid ?

Comment

There's a bit of debate over nomenclature, but yes, a "bixenon" pnp kit will have just the HID capsule doing both duties via some kind of actuator.
                They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

Depending on the headlight, a Mini H1 retrofit could be done in a matter of hours with no prior experience. I did one a few weeks ago for my brother, and if I'd known where all my tools were before I started, I'd spent a lot less than 8 hours on it. First light took me 6 hours, the second took 2 hours.

It's not that hard unless you want to make it hard...

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

IMO, if you do not have a HID projector, you should not install HID at all. You are not going to get more light just by changing, depending the OEM housing, you might not even see at all because light rays will just go random places and people's eye. It's you call. Stay away from those bulbs that have the halogen with the HID, they won't even light up the road.

Comment

Bi-Xenon is the type of projector that has a shield that moves down operated by a solenoid to allow more light giving you the high beam. So if you want Bi-Xenon type lighting then your going get a Bi-Xenon Projectors not Bi-Xenon bulbs..

Comment

Originally posted by DylanD View Post
                        Ok well I understand how retrofitting works and all I just didn't want to get that involved with it....
                        Not trying to be rude but its not really a matter of whether you want to get involved with retrofitting or not. If you are going to use HID bulbs you should use them in a housing that is designed to focus the beam as necessary for you to see and to not blind oncoming traffic and thus cause hazardous driving conditions. Running HID bulbs in halogen housing will always produce more glare than what is safe to drive with unless they are aimed at the ground. When they are aimed at the ground its not safe you to drive then because you cant see in front of you.
                        Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Well that's why I wanted to go to bixenon because my kit before had great low beam vision just didn't have high beams because of the stupid halogen

Comment

Ok well I'm on trs' website and looking at the projectors are they pretty much all universal or would I have to get one specific for my 07 chrysler pacifica

Comment

Unless there's a retro-quik system for your vehicle, your least invasive option is a Mini H1 or Mini D2S. You could call the other projectors "universal", as they're all going to require modification of the headlight.

Comment

Working...
                              X