Mini H1 6.0s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini H1 6.0s

I have a set of B-Stock h1 6.0s on the way to my house now, and was wondering if the solenoids still had the sticking issue in the most current version of these projectors. I'll probably have the projectors broken down for tuning anyhow, but if it isn't broken, I won't bother fixing it.
    Originally posted by Bitter
    They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

I thought the solenoids are different from 5.0
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I wouldn't know. I haven't messed with any version of the MH1
      They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

Well, it's always a good idea to test them no matter what, and to follow these steps if you're going to use them as bi-xenons:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...moto-Mini-Tips

Not sure how the b-stock will fare since they are rated like that for a reason, whether it's lens, shield or solenoid related, or something cosmetic.
        2010 Civic Si

Comment

Yeah it's no biggie as long as everything actually functions. If things are out of alignment, I can fix that. I'm not on a time constraint with this retro.

Comment

My recently purchased bstock v6's haven't stuck yet I've fire solenoid at least 300 times on each side. Also had nothing wrong with projectors cosmetically or anything else

Comment

That's good to know. Do the 6.0s have a foreground limiter, or will I have to make one?

Comment

The bstock ones I got did not have a foreground limiter.

Comment

+1
                  I recall Matt saying (before 6.0 came out) that there was a 5.0 plate or older version that can be made to fit, that has a foreground limiter. I don't know if that ended up being offered or not.

Comment

I would consider b-stock projectors from trs but my luck with them outright sucks. I would probably end up with a chipped lens, solenoids that don't fire and missing hardware. That is why eBay and aliexpress is great...don't like something all I have to do is file a dispute and everything fixes itself quicker than an email reply back from trs. But that's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by brownmutthid View Post
                      I would consider b-stock projectors from trs but my luck with them outright sucks. I would probably end up with a chipped lens, solenoids that don't fire and missing hardware. That is why eBay and aliexpress is great...don't like something all I have to do is file a dispute and everything fixes itself quicker than an email reply back from trs. But that's just me...
                      Are there any versions that are similar to TRS' 6.0? Not that I'm looking for one, but the one's I've seen so far don't have the multifaceted reflector that TRS' 6.0 has.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                        Are there any versions that are similar to TRS' 6.0? Not that I'm looking for one, but the one's I've seen so far don't have the multifaceted reflector that TRS' 6.0 has.
                        Similar. If I were to buy mini h1s tomorrow I would find some Ultimate versions from AES or the Super ones from XGY. I've used AES ones in the past and at the time they were always better than the morimoto ones up until recent. Now I would have to say they are about equal (my opinion). Plus the non morimoto ones have a longer mounting shaft which helps in some applications.

Comment

the mini 6.0 don't have the sticky issues. and they do offer the 5.0 limiters.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...l#.U8CpuPldWSo

b-stock most likely will have a chip in the lens or a bent piece. sometimes its a stupid flaw but for the price its a steal!

Comment

Originally posted by brownmutthid View Post
                            If I were to buy mini h1s tomorrow I would find some Ultimate versions from AES or the Super ones from XGY.
                            I thought those used a single faceted bowl, unlike the 6.0?

Comment

Originally posted by 901kingj View Post
                              the mini 6.0 don't have the sticky issues. and they do offer the 5.0 limiters.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...l#.U8CpuPldWSo

b-stock most likely will have a chip in the lens or a bent piece. sometimes its a stupid flaw but for the price its a steal!
                              Hi.

I wholeheatedly agree!

The B-stock 6.0's I received were in great shape, both bowls perfect - a very minor blemish on one lens - unless one was looking for it one would not see it . One baggie of parts missing - Good ol' Jamielle @ TRS took care of that VERY promptly.

They need some tuning - but I expected that.

As for sticking - the pair spent a solid 7 days connected to my trusty shield exerciser ( over 300,000 on/off cycles ) and not one hangup . I reckon they're sticky-free, lol.

These things are the Shiznit for price paid. However, I'm NOT paying $20 a PIECE for 5.0 limiters - that's a freaking two-fer, fer chrissakes, lol. Some sheet stock, some time and some brewskies .... ahhh, I love this hobby.....

Cheers
                              Moo
                              Last edited by Moo; July 12, 2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X