Passenger side light only igniting 1/10 times the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger side light only igniting 1/10 times the first time

As title says, passenger side sometimes flickers and then lights. Or doesnt light at all 90% of the time and ill need to kill the headlights and return them on. Im leaning towards a bad ballast. Besides switching ballasts is there any other ways of troubleshooting? Yes im using a harness, and i already swapped different bulbs. It MIGHT be placebo but it seems like when the car/ballasts are still warm it lights up right away if that helps.

What ballasts are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

I am using Denso slim ballast with osram D2S bulb, plus the relay harness..... But, still facing the same problem as title......

Comment

Flip the bulbs, then flip the ballasts. Does the problem follow? If so then its hardware issue. If not then its a power issue on that side.
        My retrofits
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44256-92-honda-accord-morimoto-h1

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...nji-Headlights
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ector-retrofit.
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-turn-retrovan

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ll-LED-project
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-quad-retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by 862sik View Post
          Flip the bulbs, then flip the ballasts. Does the problem follow? If so then its hardware issue. If not then its a power issue on that side.
          Ya i did, i already flip the bulb n ballast, but it still happened on the same side..... I had changed the relay harness too, but no luck.....still on the same side...

Comment

Might be bad relay
            AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

When it lights up, does it seem that the output flickers a bit? If so, it could be the connector between the ballast output and the bulb.

I had an issue with one of my harnesses, which was resolved when I added a small twist on the male connector pins to ensure better contact with the mating pins.
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Since the OP is using OE components I'm leaning towards a bad or weak ground for the ballast.

Originally posted by cthunder
                The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

Originally posted by Fstrsn View Post
                  Since the OP is using OE components I'm leaning towards a bad or weak ground for the ballast.
                  Hi, can I direct connect my car stock wire to Denso slim ballast without the relay harness cable?

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                    When it lights up, does it seem that the output flickers a bit? If so, it could be the connector between the ballast output and the bulb.

I had an issue with one of my harnesses, which was resolved when I added a small twist on the male connector pins to ensure better contact with the mating pins.
                    No, no flicker, but the passenger side (problem side) had slow warmup time than the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by thkhai View Post
                      Hi, can I direct connect my car stock wire to Denso slim ballast without the relay harness cable?
                      Denso's are known to pull a very high amperage at start-up so at the very least you'll most likely blow a fuse. I'd suggest connecting it directly to the battery for testing.

Comment

Denso's are known to pull a very high amperage at start-up so at the very least you'll most likely blow a fuse. I'd suggest connecting it directly to the battery for testing.
                        I tested by directly connect to battery already, it worked fine......Now the actual problem is, i had the different warmup time on the both side headlamp...... driver side is always faster than passenger side....

I try swap the ballast and bulb, but the same problem happen on the same side too.....

Comment

Have you OHMed out the ground on that side of your relay harness?

Comment

Have you OHMed out the ground on that side of your relay harness?
                            K, i will try to measure tonight.....

Comment

Working...
                            X