Changing Projector on custom headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Projector on custom headlights

I have a 2010 Ford Escape, I was considering putting Projectors headlights, I saw SpyderAuto headlights (http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...%28Included%29)

I know their projectors are bad quality but I like the way the headlights looks, I was wondering if I could change the projector lense to a Bi-Xenon Morimoto a Mini H1 or something, not connecting the Angel eyes, and using the seperated high beam for DRL and use a LED bulb in there. Any help?

PD: They say this is there projector cutoff line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9t2a935z9I doesnt seem bad.

PRO-YD-FES08-DRL-BK.jpg
    Last edited by Edgar J; May 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM.

You are definitely on the right track. Depending on what projector is in there, there might be a direct bolt in bi-xenon replacement. Usually the Halos are absolute crap on DEPOs, so if you plan on not plugging them in anyways, check to see if you can find another headlight replacement that doesn't have halos to begin with. Or just retro a projector in your stock headlight and paint the housings black, if thats the look you are interested in. Search the forum to get some ideas.

Comment

Assuming you have the original headlights, then you don't need to finish retrofit in one sitting.

If you're interested in the appearance, then you might as well buy the headlight housings first. Separate the lens from the housing, take some pictures & measurements, post a build thread, and take it from there. That way, you have a better certainty on which projectors can fit.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

mini h1 "should" fit in the spyder housings, but until you crack it open you wont know.
        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
          mini h1 "should" fit in the spyder housings, but until you crack it open you wont know.
          That would be my guess too, but my suggestion to OP was to open it so that if a bigger (and more capable) projector fits, then that option will remain open. If OP starts with Mini H1 from the beginning, then choosing a different projector may not happen at all.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
            That would be my guess too, but my suggestion to OP was to open it so that if a bigger (and more capable) projector fits, then that option will remain open. If OP starts with Mini H1 from the beginning, then choosing a different projector may not happen at all.
            hence why i said "but until you crack it open you wont know" lol
            Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

I'm currently working on this with used Dayline lamps for my Saturn Astra, they use a super generic H1 halogen projector (with euro cutoff shield). After splitting these up, there is enough space for the 3" Mini2DS 3.0 projectors I got from TRS, though they'll need some custom mounting plates, and I'll be dremelling the integrated shroud to use e46 shrouds instead.

They were very simple to take apart with a heatgun to soften the cheap butyl.
              Saturn Astra XR
              -Complete Vauxhall VXR exterior conversion
              -EvoX-R, reflective red demon eyes, XB35 5500K, FastBright F5, Triton V3 Amber

Comment

Originally posted by romanster View Post
                I'm currently working on this with used Dayline lamps for my Saturn Astra, they use a super generic H1 halogen projector (with euro cutoff shield). After splitting these up, there is enough space for the 3" Mini2DS 3.0 projectors I got from TRS, though they'll need some custom mounting plates, and I'll be dremelling the integrated shroud to use e46 shrouds instead.

They were very simple to take apart with a heatgun to soften the cheap butyl.
                You are using the same custom headlight? How did it worked the new projectors?

Comment

Working...
                X