Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projectors from aliexpress

Hello for everyone,

i have saab 9-3 2004 with low beam xenons from factory. I think they put in hella e55 projectors with fresnel lens from factory and they have pretty poor output compared to newer cars. So im thinking about changing the projectors or only lens. From ebay i found zkw-r lens that are very good but on the ohter hnd i think when im already doing it i should change the whole thing. So i find some projectors from aliexpress that are reasonable price for me and maybe someone can give me feedback about them.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-HOT-CHA-DLand-G3-FX-R-FXR-3-0-STANLEY-HID-BI-XENON-PROJECTOR/496533253.html
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...579194120.html
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-...493988679.html
    Those are projectors that im interested in and i hope someone can say something about them.
    To be said im aware that those are not originals but maybe someone has tried them and have feedback for me.
    Sorry for poor english im from Estonia

The EvoX-R's are probably your easiest swap with the factory e55. But they're bi-xenon (all of the ones you gave links for are), so there's that. But for $138 as aliexpress has them listed, I'd rather spend $12 more and get them from theretrofitsource for $150 with a warranty and actual customer service. Not to mention the product quality is probably worth WAY MORE than the $12 increase than the ones from aliexpress. The cheapest route you might consider is swapping the lens with a clear lens and getting some new bulbs.

Comment

I recently changed bulbs for Philips 85122+ and also have new ballasts Hyluxtek A2088, only problem is a little poor output. I think its because those fresnel lenses and i think the reflectors are also a little burnt.

Comment

+1
        I bought my e55r (EvoX-R) from TRS. Even if they come from the same factory that the link above comes from, when you get something that has a bit of a glitch (mine didn't, but that was only 1 pair), having a place that is willing to help sort it out for you helps. Plus there's probably a free shipping or some other discount when you mention you have a HIDP username.

The mounting flange of the e55r is almost identical to the original e55. It should be the closest thing to plug-and-play for your case.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I have considered e55r also and it seems that buying these projectors is sure thing. Is it possible to swap projector without removing the healight ?

Comment

I'm not familiar with the SAAB headlights, but I'd be willing to bet you have to remove the headlight and pop it open to swap the projectors. I'm sure it exists, but I haven't seen any headlights that don't require being opened to swap projectors.

Comment

Originally posted by saab93 View Post
              Is it possible to swap projector without removing the healight ?
              Some headlights apparently have the outside lens attached to the housing via clips, and no permaseal nor butyl rubber. If yours is that very rare kind, then removing the headlight is definitely the way to go.

If the back opening for bulb replacement is unusually large, you can take the current bulb out and take a picture. See if the flange for the projector is attached to a bracket behind or ahead of the bracket. If it is behind (I've read that some headlights do this), then you might be able to carefully unbolt them and pull out from the bulb opening. I don't know of any headlight that has a jumbo bulb opening and whose projector bowl flange is mounted behind the bracket.
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

unbelievable

an AFS projector with that price

its so cheap

The EvoX-R's are probably your easiest swap with the factory e55. But they're bi-xenon (all of the ones you gave links for are), so there's that. But for $138 as aliexpress has them listed, I'd rather spend $12 more and get them from theretrofitsource for $150 with a warranty and actual customer service. Not to mention the product quality is probably worth WAY MORE than the $12 increase than the ones from aliexpress. The cheapest route you might consider is swapping the lens with a clear lens and getting some new bulbs.
                but retofit didnt mention that those are an AFS projectors or not

Comment

None of the headlights you posted links to mention AFS, either. The EvoX-R link mentions that they're AES brand. That's about the closest thing to AFS I saw mentioned in those links.

Comment

As others have said you are best off buying off TRS for the warrenty and they do filter out the defective projectors from there stock. If you buy from alliexpress or alibaba you run the risk of getting a faulty projector as the sellers usually don't know stuff all about there products so it's like pulling teeth or talking to a brick wall when you have an issue.

Cheers Mick

Comment

Working...
                    X