Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Honda Accord HID Advice / Help

Hi,

I own a 1998 Honda Accord EX with stock headlights and am looking to install HIDs headlights. I just recently started looking into these and researching... so I dont know much about them yet. I am specifically looking at these mostly because of their look and their price, considering i will probably not own this car for very long, so i dont want to / can't spend $400 on HIDs: http://www.protuninglab.com/hidxe98hoaca.html. Has anyone ever heard of this site and know if they're reliable or not? Also, I have read elsewhere that the only right way to do this is to retrofit, but I dont really have the money for that right now. I have also read in a lot of places that I should stay away from cheap Chinese stuff, but then at the same time I've read about other people happy with foreign cheap HIDs such as the one Im looking at. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Sam Kneppel; November 2nd, 2013, 12:01 AM.

Those look like the same stuff you typically find on ebay. Output is hit or miss (usually big miss especially if they use a H3 bulb). Sometimes people buy those and swap out the projectors for something better.

The stock projector on those is often a poor performing Halogen Projector.

Also, the on-car pic on their site is fake.
    Last edited by VIP1; November 2nd, 2013, 12:56 AM.
    www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package

Headlights: Hella 90mm Projector Headlights with 55watt DDM 4500K HID kit

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
    Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

Funny, here is the exact same headlight on ebay under a different name for half the price:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-HALO-LED...99fe9f&vxp=mtr
      But no HID kit, which you can get for $35 if you want the cheapest 35 watt.
      According to the ebay ad, it uses an H1 bulb.
      There are other listings on ebay for those headlights with HID Kit included for $145.
      Still cheaper than that site.

No, I'm not recommending these unless you plan to swap out the projector in there with something better.
      Last edited by VIP1; November 2nd, 2013, 01:05 AM.
      www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package

Headlights: Hella 90mm Projector Headlights with 55watt DDM 4500K HID kit

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
      Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

They are cheap halogen projectors in there. And those lights look really ricey. You're in a tough situation. You want projectors however to get that you must retrofit. It's a custom job. You can't just buy something off the shelf. It has to be made. And for under $400 you could do mini h1s however many people find its a waste. They are small projectors with aftermarket bulbs. Now for that price you may be able to use the fx-r projector theretofitsource.com sells. They own this site and sell all your HID needs
        AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

ok, so if i were to get this, or any other one on ebay, and swap out the projectors, what would you guys suggest? I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible... could i get an HID kit and just install it into these headlights or even find better halogen projectors that actually work? i dont know, I'm kind of new at this lol

Comment

What a horrible photoshop job.....the out put on these light will be worse than the oem headlights on your car now.....do some research on here and try and tackle a mh1 retro yourself which will be under $300

2LHP-ACD98-TM-2.jpg

Comment

As a matter of fact there was a guy on here selling a set of already retroed headlights for an accord not to long ago

Comment

The halos burn so quickly too.

Comment

any chance i could do this for under $200? lol

Comment

Don't mess with those cheap lights. I think they look ugly. Get a pair of new aftermarket assemblies like tyc or depot and just do the retrofit yourself. I've seen bad luck with buying other people's messes. I would rather deal with my own mess
                    AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Kneppel View Post
                      any chance i could do this for under $200? lol
                      If you wanted to do it as cheap as possible. . .

-B-Series MH1
                      -DDM H1 Kit
                      -eBay relay harness

All told, ~$100. However the B-series projectors may need some tuning, and DDM's kits are hit or miss.

Originally posted by cthunder
                      The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                      Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

ok could you please be a little more specific as to what each of those things are Fstrsn? Because im new at all of this and im not sure what each of those, i know h1 is the type of bulb, but what does DDM mean? sorry, and thanks and advance

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Kneppel View Post
                          ok could you please be a little more specific as to what each of those things are Fstrsn? Because im new at all of this and im not sure what each of those, i know h1 is the type of bulb, but what does DDM mean? sorry, and thanks and advance
                          B-Series MH1's are the untuned MH1 projectors that TRS sells for half price. IIRC they do not come with shrouds though. A pair of value shrouds should be like $5 or $10 though.

DDM means DDM Tuning. Notoriously cheap HID kits, but their Quality Control is not the best nor their Customer Service.

Originally posted by cthunder
                          The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                          Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

If your headlights are not to bad you can reuse yours but I say under 300 you might be able to

Comment

alright. thank you for all the good advice. i was really looking for a cheap plug and play type of setup, but apparently that doesn't exist lol. i think ill just keep my stock headlights for the time being because i do not really have the money to do this correctly lol. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X