Plastic piece the W5W Parking Lights go into AREN'T fitting ..... PLS HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic piece the W5W Parking Lights go into AREN'T fitting ..... PLS HELP

KGrHqVHJDMFCe4jkMqzBQtTcO7dw60_12.jpgI got these headlights which are pretty much same as stock expect more black and everything. Well the little piece the W5W Parking Light bulb goes into, goes into the hole In the back but just keeps turning. I can't lock it into place at all. It's too small. how is this possible? And how the hell now do I get this piece to work for my parking lights??? This is the Parking light piece: IMG_20130910_112319.jpg.. I so need help with this because I don't understand why this isn't fitting and how I go about this problem now.

You've just discovered that aftermarket headlights are of vastly inferior quality in design, construction, and materials as compared to OEM. If the manufacturer can't get the basics right how do you expect them to get the difficult things like optics correct?

I'm not sure what your fix is other than to go back to the OEM housings or to change to a different aftermarket housing. You'll likely have similar issues with other aftermarket housings though. They're not worth the dust you can grind them into.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
      You've just discovered that aftermarket headlights are of vastly inferior quality in design, construction, and materials as compared to OEM. If the manufacturer can't get the basics right how do you expect them to get the difficult things like optics correct?

I'm not sure what your fix is other than to go back to the OEM housings or to change to a different aftermarket housing. You'll likely have similar issues with other aftermarket housings though. They're not worth the dust you can grind them into.
      I understand. The headlights are AMAZING looking. Here is a new shot of my new Headlights and updated fogs. IMG_20130911_121057-1.jpg I can do without the parking lights if that's what it comes down to. When I go to Honda for my oil change, I will ask about it just in case.

Comment

Were there no connectors that came with the housings?

Originally posted by cthunder
        The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
        Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

Originally posted by Fstrsn View Post
          Were there no connectors that came with the housings?
          Nope. Just the housings. Same as the smoked out headlights I had before. Just went to the stock wiring and stuff. The parking light never happened with my last set either lol. I was just wondering why and how weird it is.. Not a big deal but I will ask Honda what they recommend for it if it can even be done with aftermarket headlights.

Comment

Can you take a pic of the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
              Can you take a pic of the problem?
              What kind of picture do you want? Only asking because the headlights are already installed. The first pic I took in the original post of the black piece with the O ring holding the bulb is the thing that attaches to the car wiring and goes into the middle part of my headlight. Here is the picture and you will see the little hole. Blinker is on left and headlight on right. The middle is the parking light spot. IMG_20130911_121057-1.jpg

Comment

You already posted that picture lol. I meant show the back of the light where you're having the fitment issue, show how the socket doesn't fit.

Comment

You already posted that picture lol. I meant show the back of the light where you're having the fitment issue, show how the socket doesn't fit.
                  Okay here are 2 pictures. One of me pointing to the Parking Light hole and the other is with the piece in the hole. It fits but when I try to lock it into place, it just turns and turns. Doesn't click into place at all.
                  IMG_20130912_124046.jpgIMG_20130912_124104.jpg

Any suggestions or do you think I should just talk to Honda soon when they do my oil change? Because I have nice brand new parking lights W5W, and I can't even use them lmao.

Comment

Why not put a small dab of silicone to keep it from falling out?

Comment

Oh, it's not supposed to lock. Just turn it a few degrees so that it sticks in place, and it shouldn't fall out, right? I guess the stock lights have a stopper, but these don't. The stopper isn't needed, you just have to guess where to stop turning (you can probably see it from the front)

Comment

Why not put a small dab of silicone to keep it from falling out?
                        What happens then when I need to replace the bulb? Will it be stuck in there? lol

Oh, it's not supposed to lock. Just turn it a few degrees so that it sticks in place, and it shouldn't fall out, right? I guess the stock lights have a stopper, but these don't. The stopper isn't needed, you just have to guess where to stop turning (you can probably see it from the front)
                        Yeah that is pretty much what it was. The Stock housings stopped it into place so it didn't fall out or anything... I will try on Sunday(day off) and get the wiring and try it that way. You don't think by it just sitting in there that it will jitter around by hitting bumps and stuff??

Comment

Originally posted by ATMJDM01 View Post
                          What happens then when I need to replace the bulb? Will it be stuck in there? lol

Yeah that is pretty much what it was. The Stock housings stopped it into place so it didn't fall out or anything... I will try on Sunday(day off) and get the wiring and try it that way. You don't think by it just sitting in there that it will jitter around by hitting bumps and stuff??
                          You would cut the little dab holding the base to the housing. Seems kinda easy, no?

Comment

You would cut the little dab holding the base to the housing. Seems kinda easy, no?
                            What do you mean??? Sorry, just new with all the lighting stuff on my car...

As you saw before, here is the picture of the hole on the new housing:
                            IMG_20130912_124046.jpg

I snagged a picture of the hole on the STOCK housing. The hole is just smaller with just one little indention so it stops the piece. Because the black piece that bulb sits in as 2 little flares on it so it locks in.
                            IMG_20130913_114443.jpg

Thanks again for the help with all this. Just wanting all this to work lol.

Comment

Install the bulb, rotate it slightly so it doesn't fall out, then put a small dab of silicone to keep it locked in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X