Blue Band Mini D2S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Band Mini D2S

Is there a way to remove the Blue Band around the Cutoff of the Morimoto Mini D2S?
    I am trying to get a clear and sharp Cutoff.

Originally posted by DeeJay80 View Post
    Is there a way to remove the Blue Band around the Cutoff of the Morimoto Mini D2S?
    I am trying to get a clear and sharp Cutoff.
    Every projector has a cutoff that features some sort of color. The color is exaggerated by using a clear lens so you could try switching to a Fresnel lens to soften the cutoff and subsequently the color, try to space the lens or play around with adjusting the shield if the color is that big of a problem.
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

The Color is not the Big Problem, but it would look better with a sharp cutoff and no blue color around them.
      Havent noticed this kind of color band by expensive cars like audi or bmw. I thought it might be possible to remove the color band.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeJay80 View Post
        The Color is not the Big Problem, but it would look better with a sharp cutoff and no blue color around them.
        Havent noticed this kind of color band by expensive cars like audi or bmw. I thought it might be possible to remove the color band.
        Well of course their color band isn't as pronounced seeing as most cars with HID systems come with Fresnel lenses that soften the cutoff and the color band. Once again, play around with the lens spacing or the shield to try to minimize the effect.
        RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

You can remove most if not all of the color by adjusting the shield and/or lens. It will be difficult though, since they are built to HAVE color. Normally, people space the lens out farther to get more color, so I'd think the lens would need to be closer. Which might be impossible... so moving the shield out closer to the lens might also help, but that might make it more blurry. But it is possible to remove the color.

Comment

Experiment with adding sheet metal strips to prevent the high beam shield from fully resting upright. This will push the cutoff a little bit forward.

I say this because on a pair of halogen low beam only projectors, I was able to get some blue colorband by pushing the shield back towards the reflector bowl. Since the Mini D2S starts with a colorband, there is a 50% chance that it is like that because the shield edge is slightly pushed back from the neutral focal point.

Here is the H1 55W halogen bulbs on the low beam projector I spoke of.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
            X