Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Retrofit - 2011 Honda Accord Coupe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My First Retrofit - 2011 Honda Accord Coupe

    Hey all, i finally got all my parts in from TRS to start my quad setup that i've been wanting to do forever now. I've done many easy projects like painting the housings and what not but i wanted to something a little more custom. I decided to stay within my boundaries and keep it simple. Here are the materials i have:

    Morimoto H1 Bi-xenon projectors
    Mini-Gatling Gun shrouds
    5k Morimoto 3five kit for high and low beam
    High beam splitter to run dual low beams

    JB Weld Epoxy
    100% silicone seal
    JB Weld Putty

    So far i have only cut the passenger side as i am waiting for my driver side headlight to come in the mail still. It still needs a little more cutting to sit correctly, but this is where my question comes in. With the materials i have, i was planning to pretty much aim the lights accordingly, tack them into place with the JB Putty, and then seal it with the epoxy/silicone. Is this a good way to go about it? Just seeing if someone with more experience can offer a better way of doing it incase i am going about it the wrong way. I am also trying to figure out where i should align the steps in the cutoff for the best light output. Thanks in advance for any tips!!






  • #2
    In for pics.
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

    Comment


    • #3
      Okay... first off, with quads.. DO the aiming with the lights ON the car!! lol. very important. It's very hard getting quads lined up perfectly, so you need to do one pair at a time.

      You need your horizontal rotation to be pretty accurate. Up/Down is easy using headlight adjusters. make sure the step is exactly straight ahead of the projector (be very meticulous for this). At a 25' distance, do a 2" drop. Tack into place for aiming, once you get them in, make reference marks, and do your final mounting with the 2 part epoxy. I would not use silicone. JB Weld 2 part epoxy works great.
      Do the same process for the inner projectors.
      2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wireless View Post
        Okay... first off, with quads.. DO the aiming with the lights ON the car!! lol. very important. It's very hard getting quads lined up perfectly, so you need to do one pair at a time.

        You need your horizontal rotation to be pretty accurate. Up/Down is easy using headlight adjusters. make sure the step is exactly straight ahead of the projector (be very meticulous for this). At a 25' distance, do a 2" drop. Tack into place for aiming, once you get them in, make reference marks, and do your final mounting with the 2 part epoxy. I would not use silicone. JB Weld 2 part epoxy works great.
        Do the same process for the inner projectors.
        Thanks for the info! Any particular reason not to use silicone? I was planning to use it just to fill in any gaps from cutting. The 2-part JB weld will be used to actually hold it together. I've seen quite a few people use clear silicone for their retrofits

        Comment


        • #5
          Silicone hazes when it dries, and will fume with the heat caking any fumes on the inside of the lens/housing

          2000 Honda Accord SE -​Ruby Red Pearl
          Morimoto MH1 5.0 5k 35W
          Garnet-MR Thread

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by simkid5614 View Post
            Silicone hazes when it dries, and will fume with the heat caking any fumes on the inside of the lens/housing
            Good info to know. Thanks guys!

            Comment


            • #7
              In regards to aiming, should I align both low beam steps together so that it looks like one low beam on the road?

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh nice you're on here too! Wireless is on point like I said on Instagram, aim while on the car. Actually The Retrofit Source has a video on YouTube showing the process

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok so I may be over thinking this next one, but a question to you wiring gurus.


                  i am super confused on how I need to wire this all together to make it work, I have:

                  -2x morimoto 3five HID kits (both came with HD relay harnesses)
                  -high beam splitters (I was sent two matching harnesses and then a third harness that I'm not really sure what to do with)

                  i know how to wire an HID kit to relay harness, but I guess I'm not sure where I should be incorporating the high beam splitters, and also if I need to use both relay harnesses or just one

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You need two relay harnesses. The high beam splitters will go from your original harness' high beam connector to the solenoids.

                    05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JL-KA View Post
                      You need two relay harnesses. The high beam splitters will go from your original harness' high beam connector to the solenoids.
                      But doesn't the input from the relay harness go into the stock harness?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JL-KA View Post
                        You need two relay harnesses. The high beam splitters will go from your original harness' high beam connector to the solenoids.
                        Makes perfect sense lol! I had to call TRS today to make sure I was doing it correctly cause I didn't want to blow another fuse. I just received my driver side headlight in the mail today so the project will be continued tomorrow!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok so i was up all night but i got my passenger side aimed and ready to go. This is a picture while i was still in the process of aiming, ALMOST perfect. I know its tilted, i had the most ghetto aim station going on, but it is 100% horizontally aligned.




                          and here is pretty much final product, i am painting the portion with the amber reflector gloss black then sealing it up!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            anymore progress??

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X