cheap HID bulbs versus quality ones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap HID bulbs versus quality ones ?

Guys having always used ebay sourced cheap ebay HID bulbs I must admitt I have never actually had any problems with them ie. all have lasted well and despite a few off them not producing there correct k rated colour which could be down to the cheap ballasts that are also part off the set up I would say they have been great for all they cost.

have just ordered a set off Hyluxtek a2088 ballasts and cnlight 6k bulbs and just wonder apart from the hopefully long term reliablty if I am going to notice much more in terms off increased light output / correct k rating from this better quality kit ?

are cheap chinese non branded bulbs that bad in respect off actual light output they give off or are the main differences mostly down to long tem reliablty / more accurate k rating colour output ?

just be interested to learn what the real differences are between the two bulbs ?

thanks

Mainly life span and color. Check out this
    Mini H1 projector. Top=cheap 4300K bulb. Bottom=XB35 4300K bulb.
    You can also see the top bulb doesn't have correct alignment and the hot spot is way off.

Comment

And the best CHEAP CHINA, Mori h1 non XB 5000k Ignore my left hotspot, Broken mounting, look at the right one lol AsFAIK this is CNLight

Last edited by simkid5614; April 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM.

2000 Honda Accord SE -​Ruby Red Pearl
      Morimoto MH1 5.0 5k 35W
      Garnet-MR Thread

Comment

Just FYI, if I recall correctly, CNLight is who manufacturers//provides TRS's bulbs.
        2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

a bit close but it is watchable.
          mini h1 china with china bulb and china ballast in a moto.(medium quality staff not cnlight and hylux.)

Comment

Are the genuine cnlight bulbs available with both plastic and metal bases ?? reason I ask has have had two supplied by different sellers and one had the metal base and one the plastic base, both were the H7 type bulb.

Comment

CNLight from TRs Is a plastic bulb base for the H1, and a metal base for the XB35 H1. So yes It is possible.

2000 Honda Accord SE -​Ruby Red Pearl
              Morimoto MH1 5.0 5k 35W
              Garnet-MR Thread

Comment

Okay thanks for the information puts my mind at rest that they would appear genuine, perhaps the metal based ones are new stock ??

Comment

In general, any product that requires process control of tight tolerances will impact price.

If a brand sources its production from a (relatively) poorly controlled production process, in order to get good quality, it costs more to perform the inspection and the rejection of lots that don't meet the specs. The end result is a more expensive unit price.

If another brand sources from the same manufacturer, but has less stringent inspection process and/or more lax specs, they do not reject as many lots. The end result is a less expensive unit price.

If you figure in a more capable manufacturer, unless they can be guaranteed to produce in mass quantities, they will not likely be able to compete with the "budget" competitors.

Baseline OEM models rely on high volumes to get manufacturers to supply parts to them, so that they can afford to use the better/more capable manufacturers and better inspection & quality standards. It becomes a catch 22. Once a manufacturer supplies parts in high volume, their know how increases, and is more capable of producing quality (read: consistent) products at lower production cost to them.
                  Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by jono400 View Post
                    Okay thanks for the information puts my mind at rest that they would appear genuine, perhaps the metal based ones are new stock ??
                    Feel a bit stupd but having just removed the older cnlight bulbs to replace with these different k rated ones found they did have indeed have metal bases !! my mistake sorry !!

Comment

Originally posted by jono400 View Post
                      Are the genuine cnlight bulbs available with both plastic and metal bases ?? reason I ask has have had two supplied by different sellers and one had the metal base and one the plastic base, both were the H7 type bulb.

H7 bulbs have metal base from cnlight, not all metal based bulbs come from cnlight though... the glass of the hid bulb will have their logo etched in the glass if its from cnlight.

H1 bulbs from cnlight have the plastic base, this is perfectly ok. cnlight make two versions of bulbs - one with a buldge, one without. Both have the etched cnlight hid burner if i remember correctly

not to be confused with the XB35 H1 on TRS website that is shown to have a metal base - (which I think the new XB35 H1 will not have the metal base)

Comment

Okay thanks appreciatte teh extra advice and having just checked both H7 bulbs they indeed both have the logo etched into the glass on the upper part off the glass bulbs.

Comment

beware ebay sells alot of fake bulbs

Comment

Yep aware regards ebay but times the Hyluxtek ballasts and bulbs were bought from sellers outwith ebay who had an excellent reputation for selling genuine Hyluxtek / cnlight bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                            X