Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keeping split high beams, or only using bi xenon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping split high beams, or only using bi xenon.

I am going to retrofit a morimoto mini h1 in my accord this weekend, and i was wondering if i should keep my halogen high beam & the bi-xenon. or should i just not wire my halogen high beam, and only use the bi-xenon?

Halogen high beams have the advantage of being usable for flash-to-pass regardless of whether the low beams are on or not. Plus the halogen high beams may perform better than the Mini H1's high beam mode.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

alright cool thanks! i'll make sure to wire them together then.

Comment

Definitely keep both. No reason not to.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

^
          That. The solenoids probably draw small enough current that the battery & halogen high beams wouldn't notice.

Comment

Yeah, there is absolutely no reason to waste a perfectly good high beam.

Comment

more light=better so use both bixenon and oem highs
              I Ride/2 Wheels

Comment

I would've voted to keep them, if you have inspection. I only unhook my solenoid and plug my highbeams up for my inspection crap.

2000 Honda Accord SE -​Ruby Red Pearl
                Morimoto MH1 5.0 5k 35W
                Garnet-MR Thread

Comment

What happens if the lights are off, then you need to flash oncoming traffic? Will the demons light up also? That quick? Or will the halogen high beam be the only one to flash?

Comment

I can't speak about what happens to the demons, but with the arrangement discussed in this thread, the halogen high beam will respond much faster than the biXenon, because while the solenoid will flip open the shield at about the same time as the halogen high beam, the HID bulb itself will take a few more seconds before it exceeds the brightness of the halogen filament.

Comment

I would also vote to keep both if it were me.
                      -Kyle

Working On My 1st Headlight Retrofit (E46 + H3 Mini Bosch) -> 96' Infiniti G20

Comment

Accord with separate high beam?

*so this is for 2013? right..

man, can you post some pics of the inside of the housing? I'm still debating to myself if I should just go with MMH1 or some OEM..

Thanks

Comment

It's a 1990. Haha sorry dude

Comment

LOL. opps.

Comment

I would consider using it for something else personally, turn signal, Drls, whatever. Don't leave it empty though

Comment

Working...
                              X