What projectors are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What projectors are these?

So there are aftermarket headlight housings available for the MK6 GTI/GOLF/Jetta Wagon that are not the same as OEM but look identical. The only real difference is the absence of the AFS system and of course price/quality is lower since its not OEM. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I can modify these housings to a better projector. The output on them looks marginal at best but so does the photo quality (also not on the car). They are bi-xenon but beyond that I have no idea. Any thoughts?.......

Pics....

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38153

looks like e46 bixenon

*I will be unavailable for projector modding and retrofits until further notice*

Comment

hella

Comment

Some more pics of the different bulbs that fit. I can make out "PRS 2" or "PPS 2" stamped on the lower part of the reflector bowl.

Comment

I have a set taken out from the a similar year tiguan, but their pattern looks a little different. Are these Originally D1S?

Comment

usually hella stamp the projector bowls, but if these are OEM then it might be a valeo or visteon . check the headlight manufacturer stamp it should be some where on the housing part of the headlight.
            I have seen the hella ones but these are definitely not the hella version. Valeo usually have the solenoids on the side so that leaves us with the visteon.
            it could also be a replica

Comment

Originally posted by mnb22 View Post
              it could also be a replica

if you read my original post they are replicas of the OEM bixenon headlight at less than half the cost if you add it as an option new. The only thing they d not have is the AFS system so I imagine they used a completely different type of projector.

Comment

oh I see , I missed the first part.
                you are right, its a totally different projector. Are you planning to relpace the projectors with OEMs.
                I am not sure how long these plastic bowls will last.

Comment

They're shitty whatever they are. That output is atrocious.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

Originally posted by JL-KA View Post
                    They're shitty whatever they are. That output is atrocious.
                    agreed, I'm really hoping its just the pics or the way the housing is sitting.

Comment

More output pics, clearer than the previous pic but still not great.

Last edited by OldenMcKrotch; January 28th, 2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

haha oh wow those blow

Comment

They aren't bad at all. People on this forum just despise any aftermarket headlights being ran without modifications. They always complain when the output looks terrible but when it looks respectable like yours they still complain. Just be happy you have the cutoff and output you currently get with these headlight. Most aftermarket assemblies produce the usual pattern like :

Comment

for aftermarkets they look like TYC jobbies at trying to make a hella projector the OEs are hella evo-XR like projectors (an updated E55 basically) TYC attempted to recreate this projector though its ok at best its not as good as OE your best bet would be to swap in some EvoX-Rs or something simalerto get OEM like performance with the after market housings i did always like the nice clean design of the VW headlights with their uneque shroudes around the turnsignal (thats a real B***H to find a bulb for usually) and the projector

the low cutoff looks alrite (not perfect) the high beam well could be alot better

im thinking these are for a project maybe they would be a good retrofit candedate with a quad setup and a custom LED turnsignal
                            my vehicles

2013 subaru impreza WRX STi new body style (some mods)
                            04 subaru impreza WRX STi (project car)
                            2013 ford F550 platnum dually (extreem mods CAT engine swap)

my wifes car

2012 subaru impreza limited sport (some mods)
                            07 hyundai accent GLS (extreem mods)

Comment

^ well after all of this I'm thinking the OEM bi-xenon is well worth the $$. I think I'm going to look for a car with that option and just run some CBIs or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X