hella 90mm high beam opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hella 90mm high beam opinions

imtrying to figure out if the hella 90mm H9 high beams are going to be farly desent (for halogens that is LOL) as you may know i done a retrofit on a 97 dodge caravan seen in the pics below

IMG200.jpg
    IMG201.jpg
    IMG202.jpg

those are E55 bi-xenons from a nissan maxima these have a very impressive low beam even with stock lenses and even better with clear lenses the highs are also pretty desent but unlike my impreza with the factory halogen highs plus the E55s the van doesent have that benifit so basically im trying to add the high beams to this setup and im wondering will the 90mm H9 high beam modules do the trick? also does anyone know what H9 connectors would be the best for this job i found some on e-bay located here http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180861909711?...84.m1423.l2649

the thing is since these are the el-cheapo chinese jobbies will they hold up to use as high beams (GE nighthawk platnum 65 watt H9 bulbs) any thoughts (ive never had any issues with ge night hawk platnums)
    my vehicles

2013 subaru impreza WRX STi new body style (some mods)
    04 subaru impreza WRX STi (project car)
    2013 ford F550 platnum dually (extreem mods CAT engine swap)

my wifes car

2012 subaru impreza limited sport (some mods)
    07 hyundai accent GLS (extreem mods)

The connectors will be fine.

My biggest question is where would you put the Hella 90mm high beam modules?

Some of your problem may also have to do with your headlight lenses. You'll be losing a fair bit of output with those lenses. Rejuvenating them will make a big difference to the performance of your lights.

Comment

ive actually gotten new lenses after and it still needs a little more maybe its the bulbs LOL

also we need to keep the flash to pass feature (ive got plans on mounting them like driving lights in front of the grill
      my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Sarge View Post
        ive actually gotten new lenses after and it still needs a little more maybe its the bulbs LOL

also we need to keep the flash to pass feature (ive got plans on mounting them like driving lights in front of the grill

the town & country from that same generation had separate high and low beam bulbs, maybe you could get a pair of those. Although those vans had the turn signals in separate housings in the bumper, so you'd either have to add some lights for turn signals inside those housings or add them somewhere else.

CS096-B001L.jpg 2000_chrysler_town___country-pic-65428.jpeg

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
        FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

i know about those and wish i could find the front end to go on the van i would love to have the quad headlights (they alredy have projector high beams) use the high beam spot for the xenon projector and convert the low beam to an additional high beam ive thought of swapping the front end but couldent find the parts to do so i could use a set of the hella 60mm turn signals and a hella 90mm in the low spot and put a bixenon in the high beam spot but ware ware i live that front end is more or less non existant sadly
          my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

maybe you could find a nice looking aftermarket assembly with dual projectors and turn signals in the same housing. Then you could just replace the projectors and still have turn signals in the same housing.

Something like these:

dodge-caravan-96-black-projector-headlights-big.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Sarge View Post
              i know about those and wish i could find the front end to go on the van i would love to have the quad headlights
              You can get those quad reflector headlights for about $100 on eBay and they'd bolt right up, wouldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
                You can get those quad reflector headlights for about $100 on eBay and they'd bolt right up, wouldn't they?
                yeah, but they don't have the turnsignals in them because the turnsignals were in the bumpers on those vans.

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy318 View Post
                  maybe you could find a nice looking aftermarket assembly with dual projectors and turn signals in the same housing. Then you could just replace the projectors and still have turn signals in the same housing.

Something like these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17397[/ATTACH]
                  It's a shame those aren't nice-looking!

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy318 View Post
                    yeah, but they don't have the turnsignals in them because the turnsignals were in the bumpers on those vans.
                    I would just make the current turn signals fit.

Comment

ive herd some horrer stories about those ebay projector headlight for these vans plus they got to be the steupedist things ive ever seen LOL too ricy and they look too stuped for words on the caravans (my mother baught a set and the lenses developed spider cracks in front of the projector and they werent the best though still a lot better then stock LOL) i like the quad lights but due to the inability to get a set in a fairly desent time frame (ide have to wate for almost a month to get them) mounting the hella 90mms in front of the grill shouldent be a problem i dont think my mother isent worried about the look theyll have she just wants lights like my impreza (its not going to be as good due to the car being lower then the van by about 5") so any thought on how they performi havent really seen them in action though ive seen them on commuter busses before
                      my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                        It's a shame those aren't nice-looking!
                        I know, they were just all I could find quickly

Comment

i figured that LOL i couldent find a nice set around to mod so i stuck with OE lights as for the tail lights i got some ideas (it definetly wont be OEM LOL) the hella LED brake light rings and their 60mm lights for the turn signal and reverse light i think that would look pretty cool
                          my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

Working...
                          X