Projector choice for E46 M3 headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector choice for E46 M3 headlight

I have a 2005 E46 M3 with stock Bixenon headlights, I am tempted to do a quad retro, I am aware that FX(R) projectors are very popular for this. Does anyone know if its possible to fit a Edix/TL projector in place of the stock projector? I doubt it will though. In which case I am considering keeping the stock projector in place and then fit a set of LR3s in the high beam reflector area. I know that people have fitted FXs in the high beam reflector so I hope the LR3s fit. Does anyone know if they do? As from the info I have found LR3s seem to be smaller than the FXs?
    Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W

LR3 should fit, but it could be a bit difficult to find RHD LR3's for London roads

I dont see to many performance benefits to the LR3 over something like an FX-R 3.0 anyways, which would be a great choice.

When I had my 03 E46 M3, I had quad FX's and they were amazzzzzzing

here's me acting like an ass with my quad M3 retrofit, for fun.

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
    * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

I wanted to use LR3s as I am fortunate enough to have got a good deal on Ebay for complete headlights including bulbs and ballasts for 60 (less than $100) each. I am guessing there is no way TL/Edix projectors would sensibly fit in these lights? I dont want to hack them up too much.
      Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W

Comment

Working...
      X