Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Issue??

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the site and needed a problem (or small issue) resolved. I have just installed the mini H1 projectors and they're amazing, the beam pattern is awesome, and the brightness is great! what a good investment for my 2012 Kia Forte Koup!!

My question....my driver-side headlight ive noticed doesnt have the same output as the passenger. The passenger is about 20x as bright. I still get the right cutoff, and sharpness to the projector, just the forward facing beam isnt as bright.

Does anyone know how i can adjust the light to make it a little better in terms of output? I'm going to try to swap the bulbs themselves, but what else could it be?

Thanks!

Are the Mini H1s the regular version or the value version?

You might try checking if the bulbs are seated properly; sometimes a small load (e.g. cable tugging onto the back of the bulb) might tilt the bulb enough that the hotspot isn't where it should be.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

the regular version. I'm not messing around with the values for a 10% discount. Thank you! I'm going to check that idea out as soon as I can

Comment

These excellent output comparison threads by JVX should be a good reference when you check your capsule alignment. The hotspot center should be at the lower bend of the cutoff. If the hotspot is quite far from those pictures, then they need a good bit of prodding.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...eam-Comparison
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...eam-Comparison

Comment

looks great as a reference! thanks for a great reply!

Comment

Maybe take a picture? The bulb itself might be bad.

Comment

ill post a pic later tonight when dusk is setting and you can truly see. from afar, you cant tell because they're both bright but when driving one lights up and one just projects to the walls aka the cutoff

Comment

If you can, try to take the picture with a quick shutter speed so that the hotspots are easier to discern. The better picture for this is where everything looks dark, and the headlight output on some wall looks dim. More like the first picture below as opposed to the second one. See how much easier it is to spot where the hotspot is in the first picture.

Comment

Working...
                X