just installed these HIDs, my first ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just installed these HIDs, my first ones

hid.jpg ​theres dark spots all over, just wondering if any one has any idea why?

What projectors are you using?

Damien22
    s2k Retrofit w/Cbi's

Comment

bought the car with ebay shit, dont really know much about them i was guessing that was the problem

Comment

You guessed right lol

Damien22
        s2k Retrofit w/Cbi's

Comment

i want to get some good projectors but i dont want to spend money on oem headlights than have to buy projectors too, could i retrofit projectors into the ebay lights, they already have a clear lense.

Comment

What type of car? Any pics of the lights themselves ?

Damien22
            s2k Retrofit w/Cbi's

Comment

98 integra http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-01-INTEGR...#ht_4554wt_975 the lights are just like these.

Comment

You got lucky ... some people with ebay fauxjectors get this:

Projectors.jpg

2015.5 RR V8SC
                2015 Z06/07

Comment

I retrofitted my ebay projectors w/fx-rs, soooo much better than the projectors that came with them (even with hids). Plus they're bixenon.
                  2005 Legacy GT: Stage 2 + VF52 turbo, RX330 w/custom shield, Nichia DRL

Comment

Originally posted by soulsea View Post
                    You got lucky ... some people with ebay fauxjectors get this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14577[/ATTACH]
                    wow i guess i did get lucky haha

Comment

Originally posted by RSM View Post
                      I retrofitted my ebay projectors w/fx-rs, soooo much better than the projectors that came with them (even with hids). Plus they're bixenon.
                      so how do i know what projectors to get because the ebay projectors are a different size than stock integra projectors.

Comment

Well you have to find something that will fit. You most likely will have to do some cutting to fit, i did. Just do your research on this site, see what fits your needs, and will fit in your housing without destroying it.
                        2005 Legacy GT: Stage 2 + VF52 turbo, RX330 w/custom shield, Nichia DRL

Comment

You can definitely get projectors that were designed for HIDs and retrofit them into the Ebay lights. Or, perhaps you could try halogen bulbs in the lights in the meantime to get a better output (since these projectors were designed for halogen).

Comment

ive got another question, lets say i wanted to get these projectors http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=155 how would i know what type of bulb to get?

Comment

Most HID projectors (including these) take D2S bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X