Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RULES - read before posting threads or replies!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RULES - read before posting threads or replies!!

This is the SPECIFIC QUESTIONS subforum of the site, an area where new members who do not know anything about lighting/hids should be able to safely ask or post their problems in order to learn and understand what to do or how to fix it. There are no stupid questions! Anything goes, but blatant trolling will not be allowed (yo guys i have 8000k hids and i love blinding everyone). This is a place to learn, not a place to brag about your hid kit.

Thread starters: please try and be as specific as possible. give details about your car, current lighting setup, bulb sizes, and other info that can help you get a reply faster. Threads like "my hid kit broke" will probably not get you many replies. are you using the factory wiring, or do you have a separate wire harness? what brand of hid kit and/or bulb are you using? what type of car/truck do you drive? the more info you provide, the easier it will be for someone to answer you.

Reply posters: you must understand and realize that in this subforum, you probably know more than the thread starter. take this into account and refrain from posting negative or hateful comments based on the question being asked. It's a place for new members wanting to learn more about lighting (otherwise they would not have bothered to sign up here and post a thread). Any "senior" members seen violating these rules when posting replies will be given a warning for the first offense and a ban for any following offense. If you are not trying to be helpful and post a useful reply, stay out of this subforum.
    Last edited by gold94corolla; September 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM.

What about members who are giving these newcomers bad info (suggesting that they go the pnp route because "it works in their car")?

I like this sticky though. Sets some nice guidelines.
    Haven't retro'd in a while....

Current setup:
    1998 Eclipse
    Projector: TSX with clear lenses.
    Bulbs: Philips 85122
    Ballasts: Genuine Hella Gen. 3
    Shroud: E46-Replica
    Work in progress:
    2007 VW Rabbit
    Projector: TL with ZKW-R lenses
    Bulbs: Philips 85122 (to be upgraded to Osram 66240 SVS)
    Ballasts: Genuine Hella Gen. 3
    Shroud: Panamera

Comment

Originally posted by alternativesurfer View Post
      What about members who are giving these newcomers bad info (suggesting that they go the pnp route because "it works in their car")?

I like this sticky though. Sets some nice guidelines.
      Well, I would think those would be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. This forum mostly comprises of people who "know better" and misinformation can't live for long, as long as people remember it's supposed to be an educational environment, not a "bashing" environment. When one starts using sarcasm and ridicule to prove a point, the reader concentrates on sarcasm and ridicule and not the point.

For example, in a sentence: "You are dumb, 4300K bulbs give more light than 8000K" 99 out of 100 readers will focus on "You're dumb" part not the "4300K gives more light" part.

Comment

as far as bad info, there is not much we can do. it is an open forum and people are entitled to their opinion. the whole point is for the OP to read all the posts and decide for himself which way to go. so hopefully with every bad reply there will be a good one along with it from someone else. as long as we have markus around, it shouldnt be a problem lol.

Comment

I remember when I first joined I already have been reading the forum for months before had the guts to post, good thing is that most of the people here are willing to help but again everybody have bad days too

Comment

Working...
          X