E55-r shrouds
    O-nex 35w projectors
    amp/d2s connector
    6000k Morimoto bulbs
    Anodized Blue metalcast spray paint

Useful guide mbworld headlight retrofit
    http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w2...tor-retro.html

The shields are based off of EvoXenoN
    shieldtemplates and the paint I used was Dupli-color sonic blue pearl from autozone.
    DSC01319.JPGDSC01321.JPGDSC01327.JPG
    I also sprayed the cutoff so that the projector could be completely blue instead of half.
    DSC01328.JPG
    Here the output for the Evox-r at about 15 ft.

Cut off at 25ft
    DSC_0429.jpg

Redid the projectors from the sonic blue to a high heat anodized blue but i plan on changing the blue 13smd 5050 led to white 5050.
    DSC01345.JPGDSC01347.JPGDSC01350.JPGDSC01348.JPG

Demon eyes
    dual led set up so I can choose to turn it off, blue, white, or mixed
    DSC_0422.jpgDSC_0425.jpgDSC_0427.jpgDSC_0428.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bleach288; February 8th, 2012, 12:32 AM.

Paint on the top of your shield will mess with your cutoff.
    Feedback Thread
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39293

Comment

Weird, why are there dark spots all over the place?

Comment

liljohnny would it affect he color? The first cutoff pic was the first projector and it seemed to come out fine but the second project started off with a sharp cutoff but all yellow. I couldn't get the second projector to produce a solid blue what could be the problem?
        projector 1
        DSC01340.JPGDSC01341.JPG
        Projector 2 ignore the glare on the top right
        DSC01338.JPG DSC01344.JPG
        gold94corolla are you talking about the dark spots in my high beam picture?

Comment

duplicolor sonic blue pearl is NOT a high temperature paint. I just used this paint for my last retrofit (the color of one of my trucks) - you should be using a high temperature paint if it is going inside of the projector.

Comment

Originally posted by Jp7 View Post
            duplicolor sonic blue pearl is NOT a high temperature paint. I just used this paint for my last retrofit (the color of one of my trucks) - you should be using a high temperature paint if it is going inside of the projector.
            ^x222222.

Comment

and as for the cut off color problem. maybe your "fore-shields" are spacing the lens enough so its messing the cutoff, try removing the one with the bad cutoff. and see if it fixes it.

if i remember correctly blue cut-off is all bout lens-shield spacing

Comment

Ok i will give that a try and see what happens but what happen when you did use the dupli? Then should I use dupli color metalcast blue instead I think its rated at 500F?

Comment

Originally posted by bleach288 View Post
                  Ok i will give that a try and see what happens but what happen when you did use the dupli? Then should I use dupli color metalcast blue instead I think its rated at 500F?
                  I don't use that kind of paint for painting the shields, it will not hold up. It's ok to use on the parts of the headlight that aren't intensely exposed to heat. I used engine block paint for my shields. They sell a dark blue, which would work good for you.

Comment

The dark spots in the high beam, yeah, but the dark spot just under the cutoff to the right of the steps. I'm not sure if there is something wrong, or these are simply not good projectors.

Comment

It might be my front shield or the cutoff it self but I have noticed the with or without my front shield theres a yellow arc under the hot spot in the middle and both sides of the cutoff. Here is a cutoff comparison by lightwerkz http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ghlight=evox-r

Comment

Is there a away to extend the blue on the cutoff so that its more spread out instead of only the center?

Comment

Why do some even paint the shields? Sorry for newb question just not sure the benefit?
                          In memory of Robert E. Flynn

Comment

so that you can see the color through the projector during the day

Comment

Originally posted by TobiasSing View Post
                              so that you can see the color through the projector during the day
                              Makes sense Thanks
                              In memory of Robert E. Flynn

Comment

Working...
                              X