Is it possible to buy half a relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to buy half a relay?

I have a relay "box" thing that I believe has failed as my driver's side light no longer illuminates but my passenger side does. This happened previously and they had to replace the box of the relay. I hope that makes sense. Last time, the shop had to give me a new box as one worked and one didn't. I just want one box again but it looks like trs sells them in pairs? Local shop charges $25 for the one, but I am not sure of the brand nor quality.

If they are standard relays, you can buy a replacement almost anywhere. Amazon, Ebay, local car parts store, etc. Otherwise contact TRS directly. Before buying parts, swap the relays left/right and see if the problem swaps sides. If it does, then you have a bad relay and need a new one. If it doesn't, then the relay wasn't the problem.
    www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
    Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
    Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

Originally posted by VIP1 View Post
      If they are standard relays, you can buy a replacement almost anywhere. Amazon, Ebay, local car parts store, etc. Otherwise contact TRS directly. Before buying parts, swap the relays left/right and see if the problem swaps sides. If it does, then you have a bad relay and need a new one. If it doesn't, then the relay wasn't the problem.

Appreciate it! This is how the shop figured it out last time that the relay was bad. They swapped the sides and the other side lit up. I assume it's the same thing again, but definitely could be wrong. Hope it's just a relay and not the ballast.

Comment

Working...
      X