Need ideas for sealing hole at back of headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas for sealing hole at back of headlight

Hi, I needed to make a cut to let the projectors sit back properly inside the housing. Now I need ideas on how to seal it up.

I'm thinking to use aluminium tape to cover the hole. I would only stick the tape to housing while keeping the sticker on back of tape around the hole part so that it wouldnt stick to projector as it need to move during adjustments.

I can then use silicone on the edges of tape to ensure it does not come off. Anyone has better ideas?

I would probably put some tape over it all to give it structure, and then JB weld over the entire thing to make a permanent rigid structure, ensuring enough room to adjust inside.

Comment

Do you have enough room there for additional alignment?
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Not much, I'm thinking to shave a little more off the edges to allow for left-right movement

Comment

Yeah, make the opening larger for alignment movement, make a tape structure that has full clearance and then cover that on the outside with a layer of JB weld or let it cure after the first layer and add a 2nd layer of weld from the outside for rigidity.

Comment

Thanks, I'll follow this

Comment

If you have some scrap ABS plastic (like piece of a broken radio or toy) or left over scrap of PVC pipe, you can make a little box to cover that.
              www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
              Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
              Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

Working...
              X