Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLED 2.0 high beams only 2005 Acura RSX

Hello

Low beams are not working once I connect the OEM high beam to the MLED 2.0 driver. The high beams are permanently on regardless of stalk position. If I disconnect the high beams from the LED driver and connect my stock high beam bulbs or Mini HB LED to the high beam OEM, the low beams and high beams stock / Mini HB work as expected.

The grounds are fine. In fact I redid the battery terminals, new battery and also did the Big 3 wiring. I suspect it is a voltage issue or something I just do not know where to start . Do I need a harness, capacitor, etc...

2005 Acura RSX : Low Beams - H1, High Beams 9005

Any help anyone can offer is really appreciated, I am pulling my hair out with little remaining lol Thank you.

If you have a multimeter you can check voltages at the high beam lead.
    2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
    Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
    CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

Did you connect the right wire ? LED driver lowbeam to your stock lowbeam wires ?

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. I will check the voltage of the high beams. Yes I connected the low beam to the oem stock wires and high beam to OEM high beam connector. The stock lights work just fine as well as the HID system I had before this conversion which is still a serious WIP lol.

Comment

I had an issue on mled 2.0 where one side had an intermittent connection that was causing high beams on both sides (feeding current from one side to the other along the high beam wire). The culprit was the connector from the driver to the lamp. If I bent the connector on one side it would flip on the high beams on both sides. I ended up bending a male pin on one side of the connector to make better contact. I then used dielectric grease to assemble it. I bench tested it and it would still occur, but under significantly more pressure.

Check to see if you can flip off high beams if you apply bending pressure to the connector.

Comment

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...m-2003-4runner check this thread out, looks like it might just be that your car is ground switching.
            2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
            Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
            CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

Working...
            X