Problem with Left Bi-Xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Left Bi-Xenon

Hi, my right headlight auto level on startup is working funky. On the first startup right headlight glitches when going down, and aims too high while the left light levels fine. And when I restart the car everything goes back to normal, both xenons are leveled. It's annoying to start the car two times every time I want to drive. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    P.S It's a Mercedes W211 with OEM Bi-Xenons

Made a video to showcase this problem:

Out of my depth here, but maybe check your height sensor(s) for a good connection and being clean.
    2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
    Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
    CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

Looks like the right side motor is being lifted too high then getting stuck? Can you somehow see how far it's been wound (with the height adjustor)?

Comment

Originally posted by NoodleFace View Post
        Out of my depth here, but maybe check your height sensor(s) for a good connection and being clean.
        Wouldn't both lights level higher then?
        Last edited by Janisz; January 28th, 2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
          Looks like the right side motor is being lifted too high then getting stuck? Can you somehow see how far it's been wound (with the height adjustor)?
          I think it's the motor that turns light to the right, cause before starting the car sometimes something in the headlight buzzes (and I get Active Light Unavailable error), but not always. And when I start the car, lights need to go down then up.. and something doesn't let that light go down so it gets stuck in the middle and adjusts too high.

But all of this fixes after I restart the car.. then I can shut it down for like 10 minutes come back and the same thing will happen.. right light aims higher

Comment

Also you might want to undo the dust cap at the back of your headlight and check that nothing is fouling on the igniter or the back of the projector causing it to struggle when moving down.
            2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
            Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
            CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

Working...
            X