Opinions on following projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on following projectors

Hi, need your opinions on following projectors output. second one is mormoto FXR3, first one is OEM koito.

​​​​​​​Which one is actually better,in terms of width, beam pattern,light output and cutoff. 2nd one seems brighter but is because of bulbs or projectors? these are the only pics i can manage

Second one

Last edited by oneintohid; January 15th, 2021, 02:22 AM.

I don't remember the FX-R having a soft cut-off. Did you swap the pictures? The 2nd one which has the sharper cut-off and bright band at the cut-off looks more like the FX-R.

Also, you can't tell width from that narrow area.
    Last edited by VIP1; January 14th, 2021, 06:20 PM.
    www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
    Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
    Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

my bad, you are right., second ones are FXR. Can you comment which among them is better generally if not from the pictures?

Comment

Well, if you have both of them, just pick the one you like more?

Comment

To expand on gold94corolla, if you can, light both projectors one above the other to get a direct comparison. Just make sure you don't cross beams to not have one complimenting the other. A good way to avoid that is to place one upside down.
          2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
          Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
          CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

Like the others said, light both at the same time aimed at a wide wall above each other (one upside down) for comparison. Also take pics with them swapped so neither is favored by a position. Since you already have both, when you do this exercise you should be able to tell which you prefer.

Like this:

(I have popup headlights and the headlight door got in the way of this pic and I didn't re-take, oops.)

These are from my install thread for my Firebird. Despite how the width looks in the pics compared to the Hella 60mm, there were other aspects of the Sinolyn projectors that I liked more (shorter step, straighter cutoff, bi-xenon, etc). The Sinolyn appeared comparable to the G37 in beam shape although the G37 was still a bit wider and better spread (but they aren't sealed and I need sealed projectors for my popups).

This is why I say you need to compare both lit at the same time in the same place to see which appears better and better suited for your needs. If they both perform similarly, is one easier to install or fit better? I prefer a softer cut-off over a sharper cut off.
            Last edited by VIP1; Yesterday, 02:47 PM.
            www.fadingarrow.com

Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

Here is my thread with other pics
              https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...rojectors.html
              www.fadingarrow.com