Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for sealed beam 5 3/4 halogen retro with no-convex/flat but curbed glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for sealed beam 5 3/4 halogen retro with no-convex/flat but curbed glass

As in the topic, im looking for set of halogen retros. lamps will be mounted on Jag XJS so i need classic look without halos etc.
    I want one pair run on halogens, other pair with retrofitted bi-leds. Thats why i want flat(ish) not convex glass - easier to sand off curbs in the center for light from projector lens.

Unfortunately, so far found only either convex hellas H4 retros etc, or clear glass "tuning" retrofits

Why do you want to drill though the front glass? You can get 5.75" round headlights with smooth front lens so you don't need to sand off flutes.
    www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
    Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
    Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

Originally posted by VIP1 View Post
      Why do you want to drill though the front glass? You can get 5.75" round headlights with smooth front lens so you don't need to sand off flutes.
      It need to be original/ classic look , it will be registered as classic

need to make "eye" like this
      Last edited by Meatball; July 16th, 2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

There are ones with clear front lens. So you don't need to do any grinding of the lens.

What year XJS?
        Last edited by VIP1; July 17th, 2020, 02:20 PM.
        www.fadingarrow.com

2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
        Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
        Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

Comment

Originally posted by VIP1 View Post
          There are ones with clear front lens. So you don't need to do any grinding of the lens.

What year XJS?

1982 XJS - us spec
          I know there are full clear lens retrofits, but it need to look stock - outer 5,75 sealed beams will be retrofited with H4 retro, inner ones too but with bi-led projector inside. Original Wagner SealedBeams are too convex to grind.

Comment

Working...
          X