Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cadillac ATS HID projectors. Any clear lenses available? What type of oem HID projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac ATS HID projectors. Any clear lenses available? What type of oem HID projector?

I have a 2018 Cadillac ATS-V with the oem bi-xenon HID headlights. I currently have the Osram CBB bulbs and nothing more done. The output is ok, nothing spectacular, but decent nonetheless. Being a previous retrofitter and now having a 26 mile commute in total darkness I'm kind of itching for more. The main thing here is I DO NOT want to have to remove the front lens or do any cutting. If its required them I'm going to leave as is.

So a couple of questions, does anyone know the manufacturer of these projectors and if there is a clear lens that will work with them? It appears they are 2.5". The rear of the headlight has a large access cover that had me thinking if there is a way to get the projector out without having to completely take the housing apart I'd like to either retro in a mini D2S 5,0 or the M LED 2.0, or keep it simple and just do a clear lens if there is one for it. Someone in a FB group said they were able to get the projector bowl out to fix a stuck high beam flapper, but didn't continue to try and get the front section that holds the lens. It appears a small metal bracket with two screws is what hold the top and bottom of the front section of the projector on (the nubs that allow it to rotate for AFS). These are forward facing screws and are my only concern with getting that piece out. Does anyone think either just the projector or entire bracket in there can come out the back? Ideas, thoughts, any help appreciated. Thanks

Can’t say for sure but this looks like a 2.5” version of the 2015-17 sonata hid projectors I just recently did a clear lens swap on.
    Do you have a picture of the shield?

Comment

Originally posted by carlthetruckguy View Post
      Can’t say for sure but this looks like a 2.5” version of the 2015-17 sonata hid projectors I just recently did a clear lens swap on.
      Do you have a picture of the shield?
      Not sure if this helps, but here is a picture of what I think is part of the flapper module. This is someone else’s picture they took trying to fix the stuck flapper.
      The more I study the pictures, I think it’s going to be very hard to get that lens holder out since the screws that secure it to the pivot arms for AFS are aimed toward the front.

Comment

Not exactly the same but in the same family.

A clear lens will help a little but if you can remove the shield and grind off the second shield part that is a noticeable difference.

Comment

Originally posted by carlthetruckguy View Post
          Not exactly the same but in the same family.

A clear lens will help a little but if you can remove the shield and grind off the second shield part that is a noticeable difference.
          Well the shield can definitely come out without taking the housing lens all apart. So what part are you saying to grind off?

Comment

Originally posted by JTS97Z28 View Post

Well the shield can definitely come out without taking the housing lens all apart. So what part are you saying to grind off?
            On the side of the shield facing the lens there is a part sticking out right at the cutoff line. It serves as a secondary diffuser for the oncoming traffic side.

Comment

(to remove the starry background in the typing box, just click the "Source" <> button in the top left corner of the dialog box)

Comment

Any luck with this retrofit? I'm looking to do the same with the d2s 5.0. I had retrofitted them in my previous daily and I absolutely loved them. Looks like this is going to be more difficult because of the AFS system. If anyone has anymore info I would greatly appreciate it!

Comment

I retrofited my Lexus with AFS to 5.0 and found adapter brackets on Ali. It was really easy with them. Maybe there are adapters for your headlights too.
                  Subaru Outback retrofit:
                  http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                  License plate lights with dual brightness:
                  https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Working...
                  X