Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 CRV questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2007 CRV questions

    I recently purchased some projector headlights from ebay for my 2007 Honda CRV. They're EUDM replicas. I got around to taking one of them apart tonight to see what I could fit in there for a proper bixenon projector. I've read that the 4TLR projectors are a drop in for most Hondas but after looking at the measurements on Morimotos website it doesn't look like it will bolt in. I don't mind mounting projectors with epoxy but I'm concerned that I might have clearance issues being that the projector shroud is part of the housing. Another thing I wanted to do was paint the housings like some of the Euro headlights. It's like a smoke chrome. I tested out some paints on some spare junk headlights I had laying around and couldn't get the results I was hoping for. I tried VHT nite shades and Duplicolor smoke metalcast.











    Pic of dark housing Euro headlight

  • #2
    Those look like TSX low beam projectors, but with an H1 bulb instead of D2S. Odd.
    www.fadingarrow.com

    2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
    Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

    2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
    Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

    Comment


    • #3
      I ended up ordering the 4TLR projectors. Hoping they work without too much trouble.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not familiar with the TSX projectors but these headlights are just some cheap ebay reps of the headlights that Europe and Asia got. Still gotta figure out the parking and turn signal lights. Not much effort from the manufacturer when they made these.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dino View Post
          I'm not familiar with the TSX projectors but these headlights are just some cheap ebay reps of the headlights that Europe and Asia got. Still gotta figure out the parking and turn signal lights. Not much effort from the manufacturer when they made these.
          Can't help with the headlights themselves since I retrofitted the OEM 3rd-gen headlights. It appears with your headlights the OEM (194 bulb) parking lights have been relocated to the bottom of the highbeam reflector and the turn signal to the outside corners where the OEM parking lights would be.

          I never liked having the turn signals located at the inner corners (towards the grill) so when I changed the signal and parking bulbs to LED I added these modules so the corner lights would still function as parking lights plus flash in sync with the signals. https://corsomotion.com/collections/...32401621090442

          Did they include sockets for the newly relocated signals? I also suggest pulling the DRL fuse out
          Originally posted by HK45
          I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eddie View Post

            Can't help with the headlights themselves since I retrofitted the OEM 3rd-gen headlights. It appears with your headlights the OEM (194 bulb) parking lights have been relocated to the bottom of the highbeam reflector and the turn signal to the outside corners where the OEM parking lights would be.

            I never liked having the turn signals located at the inner corners (towards the grill) so when I changed the signal and parking bulbs to LED I added these modules so the corner lights would still function as parking lights plus flash in sync with the signals. https://corsomotion.com/collections/...32401621090442

            Did they include sockets for the newly relocated signals? I also suggest pulling the DRL fuse out
            I pulled the DRL fuse the day I got it. It has a 194 socket but no pigtail for it. And there's a wire that plugs into the factory turn signal socket that runs across the back of the headlight to the new turn signal socket. I'd like to get a pigtail so that I can run the parking light and have the turn signals just blink.

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like you can use a universal socket like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flosser-Pig...em210d282627:g :1VAAAOSw8G1eD3WX I've used the 7443 version of these, very OEM quality compared to the cheaper universal ones.
              Originally posted by HK45
              I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

              Comment


              • #8


                Projectors came in today. None of the holes line up but they seem to fit nicely. I'm not sure if they fit flush against the shroud though. Can that cause any issues with the output?

                Comment

                Working...
                X