Couple of retrofit questions from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of retrofit questions from a newbie

I've thoroughly enjoyed learning so much from reading here over the last couple of months. Thank you for the wealth of information.

I'm nearing the end of my retrofit on my 2012 Chevrolet Suburban. Here's all the parts involved:
    Mini D2S 5.0, Morimoto ballasts, igniter, hid bulbs, relay harness
    Profile Hi-Lens LED high beam
    Profile Pivot switchback halos
    Diode Dynamics Demon Eyes
    Profile Sequential Switchback strips

I've put the Morimoto D2S 5.0 where the lows were and the LED cluster where the highs were. The LED cluster will operate in low power for DRL's, then switch on high with the projector high beam. I've got a Profile Sequential Switchback strip for turn signals, and the white I plan to wire into the ignition so they are on whenever the car is on. Ditto for the demon eyes. I plan to wire the Profile Pivot halos to DRL for white and marker for amber.

I have a few questions:
    1) Does the way I have this planned out seem correct?
    2) Should I wire the halos so they turn off when the projector comes on? Can they even be seen? Will it damage them? If I need to turn them off when the projector comes on, can I use the "wire the negative halo lead to the low beam positive" trick to accomplish this?
    3) Since I already have DRL and turn signals accounted for, I have those two small reflector spaces free. Is there anything I can use them for? They have a 3157 bayonet mount. Is there any kind of headlight LED that would fit into the bayonet socket and I could run a wire to it for an off road light? Or is this a waste of time?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and help.
Working...
X