Engine cut-out when turning on the lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cut-out when turning on the lights

Hello, I have a Suzuki Swift 2007 1.3lt with F3 ballasts, Cnlight bulbs on Mini H1 projectors with bixenon wiring harness. I had the F3s for more than 5 years without any problems. Recently one F3 failed (never started again) and I replaced it with a new one. Days later I replaced the second one since i noticed that I started getting engine cut-outs (like the engine stops for 200 or 300 milliseconds while driving) the moment I turn on the lights. Problem solved for weeks but now it appeared again. It now appears once in a while, not every time I turn on the lights and only when the bulbs are completely cold. Could it be an overcurrent draw at startup or a EMI issue (one ballast is placed next to the ECU - I know, not a wise placement). My battery and alternator are in good condition.

Any advice will be appreciated

PS: will a warning canceler capacitor help with impulse current draw at startup if put just before the ballasts? I suppose its an electrolytic capacitor in parallel with the power supply?
    Last edited by jomor; September 3rd, 2019, 01:48 PM.

Do you have relay harness? If you turn your lights on and your engine cuts out, you have an electrical/charging problem.

Comment

Working...
    X