Alfa Romeo - H7 halogen projector to bixenon conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo - H7 halogen projector to bixenon conversion

Hi guys, I know most of you are in the US and the Dodge Dart might share most of its mechanicals with a Giulietta I seriously doubt the headlights are the same

The H7 halogen projector is I understand replaced with a Bosch Al style bi xenon, so I bough a pair of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3267...0-7d52af9e5b88

Which i returned due to patchy reflector coatings and deformed shield mechanisms... (ill post photos if i can work out how to do that...)

Can someone please recommend a not expensive source for an E46/ Bosch Al style bi xenon projector? From what I can tell they all look to be the same, even the ones from TRS, so how to know if you'll get a good one or not...

I would prefer an OEM unit, but all the used ones online seem to be from the US which is no good to me (we are right hand drive in Australia).

Thanks in advance

Looks like either you gamble from aliexpress, hoping you get a good unit, or find an OE pair from a salvage yard. The challenge with the latter, as you may know, is that it may be difficult to find a pair that doesn't have browning on the reflector bowl.

What about sourcing from UK-based online stores / auction sites?

The old Mini D2S 2.0 has very similar mounting flange, but I wouldn't consider that as an upgrade.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Can you fit other projectors in there with a bracket or other mods? I got some Mini D2S 4.0 if you want them.

Comment

Working...
      X