Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 WRX stock led upgrade question

Hi,

I'm looking to find some guidance. I just bought a 2018 WRX with the self leveling LEDs. While they are nice for factory I find them lacking severely when compared to my previous car. I came from a car where I started with mini h1 6.0 then 7.0 and finally settled on fxr. I was hoping to figure out a way to get some more light output from the factory projector with different bulbs/clear lens. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

If the low beams are LED already, I don't think there is an easy/good way to replace the LED emitter. Even if the driver is compatible with the new LED emitter, and the board dimensions of the new LED is compatible, I don't know if it is possible to align it properly.

As far as I'm concerned, vehicles with factory LED means almost no way of improving things without making some aspect worse. I only retrofit my halogen vehicles. HID and LED low beam equipped vehicles remain unaltered.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

The Ichikoh LED (lowbeam only, HB3/9005 highs) headlights in my brother's VA STI is disappointing when compared to other LED/HID headlights. Unfortunately I don't think they're easily retrofit-able, you may have to start with a halogen unit or put up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
        ... you may have to start with a halogen unit or put up with it.
        +1
        That may be the easiest, although you will likely lose any nice auto alignment features (like auto leveling and possibly active bending lights, if equipped).
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Yeah that was going to be my next thought. Buying a second pair of headlights and modifying them. Yeah I definitely can live without the auto adjustments never had them before this car. I just got so spoiled by those fxrs that going to these factory LEDs just have to go.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X