New To Retrofitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Retrofitting

Hey everyone, first post here and this I am about to start my first retrofitting project.

Vehicle:
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Since there is a pretty good sale (I think) going on over at lightwerkz, I figured this would be a good time to pull the trigger and try to retrofit.

I am trying to replicate the build that I found here: https://kustom54lighting.com/05-07-J...fit_b_159.html

Here is what I have in my cart currently:
    • E46-R Shroud
    • Bi-Xenon G5-R
    • D2S: Morimoto XB35 2.0
    • HD Relay: 9005
    • D2s: Morimoto XB HID 5500k
    And I still plan on picking up:
    • Silicone
    • Retro Rubber
    • Test Headlight assembly (Someone local is actually getting rid of my exact headlights for free)
    I don't think I am going to use my stock high beams since these projectors have it built in, so I shouldn't need a splitter as far as I know.

Am I missing anything? Is there anywhere I can save some money? Should I swap anything for a different part?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Votive; July 5th, 2019, 05:54 PM.

If you're wanting to save a little money, you could use the NHK bulbs and ballasts. What are you using the silicone for? Some tips i have is do not touch the inside of the headlight lenses, do not put the headlight in the oven while it's preheating, take your time/don't rush it and make sure the projectors are aligned properly before you seal them up.

Comment

Originally posted by KTMrider450 View Post
      If you're wanting to save a little money, you could use the NHK bulbs and ballasts. What are you using the silicone for? Some tips i have is do not touch the inside of the headlight lenses, do not put the headlight in the oven while it's preheating, take your time/don't rush it and make sure the projectors are aligned properly before you seal them up.
      From most of the tutorials that I have read/watched it was advised to use silicone to help seal up any holes in the back of the headlights after putting them back together.​​​​

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely go check out the NHK stuff, although I think I'm going to spend a little bit more money and invest in the Osram CBI bulbs since they seem to be highly recommended.

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by Votive View Post
        I don't think I am going to use my stock high beams since these projectors have it built in, so I shouldn't need a splitter as far as I know.
        One thing I miss is the bright flash-to-pass of a halogen bulb relative to a biXenon from its off position. In that sense, it is nice to have a splitter.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          One thing I miss is the bright flash-to-pass of a halogen bulb relative to a biXenon from its off position. In that sense, it is nice to have a splitter.
          That makes sense, although I'll probably wait and decide on the splitter until after I get the headlights built since they'll be easy to add in afterwards.

Comment

Working...
          X