Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to eyeball counterfeit D3S Osram Nightbreaker Lasers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to eyeball counterfeit D3S Osram Nightbreaker Lasers?

So I bought some for my 2016 Mustang which I believe has RX350 projectors. I wanted a bit more light on the road since the PnP LEDs I bought from TRS for my previous Mustang put the 2016's HIDs to shame. Ordered the Lasers since they advertised the highest lumen output for 35w OEM quality bulbs. Out of the box I was not impressed with their output. I had to stare at them for a while to see they were barely brighter than the stock bulbs, which are labeled as Osram 66340HBI. I figured there may be a break-in period, but after about 7 months there are plenty of cars on the road with HIDs that out-shine mine significantly, taking into account they aren't actually LEDs and they are aimed properly. My bulbs aren't excellent in rain and the throw for the high beams leaves much to be desired. The only ID on the bulbs I noticed was a sticker like the stock ones that I'm sure anyone with a hair drier can carefully remove and slap on some humdrum bulbs. Was I expecting too much from these bulbs or is it possible I got somebody's scam bulbs they returned to the seller that they swapped stickers with?

What is the condition of your headlights? Have you checked the bowls? What are you referencing when comparing how bright your lights are compared to others? Foreground light?
    "I wanted a bit more light on the road since the PnP LEDs I bought from TRS for my previous Mustang put the 2016's HIDs to shame"
    Yeah so foreground glare or your bowls are toast

Comment

Working...
    X