Completely removing dust from lenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely removing dust from lenses

How does one get all the dust out of the outer lens and off the projector glass after retrofitting? I've retrofitted my 2018 Mazda 3 halogen lights and I am ready to seal them up, but I am having some dust issues.

I left my lenses with the inside facing down. Sometimes on the back housings themselves, and I have dust inside of them I want out before sealing. Same with the projector. I've used alcohol and very clean and soft microfiber cloths on the projector, it's better, but there is still dust on it. I've also tried compressed air, but that's not done much to get rid of the dust.

I wipe the lenses (projector and outer lens) and the dust just attracts right back to the surface of each, like a magnet sort of. It's like their electrically charged. I think I am dealing with static electricity, but not sure what to do about it.

Not sure how to proceed. Any tips or tricks?
    Last edited by mboat01; May 16th, 2019, 04:49 PM.

You may have created a static charge when you wiped the surface the first time.

I believe you can fin anti-static cloths on amazon. Used in clean labs or even in the photography world for cleaning cameras.
    www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

I ordered some anti-static cloths, anti-static brushes used for photography and electronics, and 99% isopropyl alcohol. I am hoping with this combination, I can eliminate the dust even more. Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
      You may have created a static charge when you wiped the surface the first time.

I believe you can fin anti-static cloths on amazon. Used in clean labs or even in the photography world for cleaning cameras.

Comment

Working...
      X