Projector, led jewel, lighting placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector, led jewel, lighting placement

I have rlx jewels I would like to retrofit into a 1993 civic headlights, problem is the jewels wonít fit w/o modifying the back housing and separating the jewels of the high beams and low beams. I am Wondering can I mount the high beams in fog light location or are there issues?

Canada, toronto

Or recommended ?

Comment

I thought there is a single board for low and high, so separating the low and high is not possible.

Another possibility is to trim the OE housing to use the corner space originally reserved for turn signal to add room, perhaps?
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

what about not using the high beams? err, i think youv'e got inspections up there, so maybe that's not an option.. i don't think it's wise to mount the high beams in the fog location, too low to the ground to really allow the beam to reach down the road.

but then, i'm also thinking that the front end of a '93 civic is too flat for the jewels to be aligned so the beams point straight as well...
        The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          I thought there is a single board for low and high, so separating the low and high is not possible.

Another possibility is to trim the OE housing to use the corner space originally reserved for turn signal to add room, perhaps?
          you maybe right I can send pics in morning, I was thinking if it is possible to form plastic lens/custom currently working with glass?
          i wanted to stay within the space depth is not an issue the overall dimensions are the issue

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
          what about not using the high beams? err, i think youv'e got inspections up there, so maybe that's not an option.. i don't think it's wise to mount the high beams in the fog location, too low to the ground to really allow the beam to reach down the road.

but then, i'm also thinking that the front end of a '93 civic is too flat for the jewels to be aligned so the beams point straight as well...
          you are correct, if Iím following along, do you horizontally vs diagonally or depth wise?
          you are right Iíve seen some post on a fb group where they mounted similarly in USA Iíd figure I can try something of sorts
          cool factor is nice and performance as well, drawback if I stay within headlight and not cut to side markers I lose high beams will post further inquiries.

thanks for replies!!!

p.s does anyone know suitable/ substitute coatings for reflection closest I think could work is mirror effect rustoleum - concern for effect on polycarbonate

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel i fit View Post
            I was thinking if it is possible to form plastic lens/custom currently working with glass?
            i wanted to stay within the space depth is not an issue the overall dimensions are the issue
            To clarify; do you mean forming replacement housing lens or replacing the LED jewel lens? The latter is quite complex shaped, so I wouldn't consider that. As for the housing lens, replacing it with glass would work but add considerable weight to the headlight.

Originally posted by Jewel i fit View Post
            p.s does anyone know suitable/ substitute coatings for reflection closest I think could work is mirror effect rustoleum - concern for effect on polycarbonate
            This is only for aesthetic purpose, correct? That is, to refinish the OE reflector after the mounting of the jewel LED is done?

Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
            X