Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satrya View Post
    Odd.
    Was the yellow one supposed to be an Osram 6000K as well?

Btw, relative to 6000K, a warmer color will have a lower Kelvin rating, say 4100K to 4300K for many OE bulbs. If the color balance of the wall shots you took is reasonably neutral, my impression of the "yellow" output one is that it would have a much lower Kelvin rating than 4100K, which would be odd. There is an OE bulb with warmer (i.e. lower) rating than 4100K, but it is rare and more expensive than "typical OE colored" OE bulb.
    So both of my bulbs in the vehicle when I purchased was Philips. They appeared to be OEM. One was a clear tint and the other was the awful yellow. Researching online it looks like they were 4300k output. As a result, I purchased to Osram 6000k but reading reviews seem to be more like 5000k which I would agree to. To me these now have a good amount of clear output which in turn should be the way it should be....more like OEM. Thoughts? I am also relatively close to the garage....about 10 feet away.

https://ibb.co/gDb5N7M

Comment

Hard to tell other than the left and right colors now are closer to each other.

Some OE fakes can be quite hard to tell, so it is possible that one of the Philips you tried wasn't genuine.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
        Hard to tell other than the left and right colors now are closer to each other.

Some OE fakes can be quite hard to tell, so it is possible that one of the Philips you tried wasn't genuine.
        Actually I bought the bulb OEM from the dealer and it was yellow. So it didn't make much sense. I returned it of course. I'll take another picture soon further away from garage and post.

Comment

Dealer maybe bought fakes?

Comment

I am late to this but I was going to rule out a bad ballast. Never seen a ballast lower the Kelvin of the bulbs causing them to become pale in color. The ballast will just shut off if its defective. Replacing both bulbs is always the best thing to do from the beginning. Replica & No brand bulbs usually do not match in color when observed closely side by side so going with a well known brand is always a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by THEONE45 View Post
              Never seen a ballast lower the Kelvin of the bulbs causing them to become pale in color.
              If you run higher than 35 watts on OEM bulbs the color temperature (Kelvin) will in fact drop. A standard ~4200 K bulb may drop to say 3900K if operated at 45 or 50 watts.

D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

Comment

Thank you. Both bulbs were 35w and were both Philips genuine. I now have Osram and they look more more clear/OEM like.

Comment

Working...
                X