Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED beam pattern on new projector headlights is showing two bars

Greetings all,

I swapped out my stock headlights for ones with projectors and am using LED bulbs.

Does anyone know what could be causing this wired beam pattern? I see two bars, instead of one clean, crisp, bright one.

from inside the car 1
    from inside the car 2
    outside of the car 1
    outlined example

any help is appreciated.

adjusting them fixed the issue

from inside the car 1 - fixed

from inside the car 2 - fixed
    Last edited by ICantSea; April 16th, 2019, 09:15 AM. Reason: fixed first link

Comment

Who knows really. You installed a set of poor quality headlights that do nothing but throw light on the ground with a fancy cutoff and no real light control. And then put a horrible set of LED bulbs with no optical performance.

Not trying to bust your chops man but please reinstall new OEM headlamps and then look at a high performance H11 bulb or other good LED bulbs. (search my posts)

Comment

Yeah even after you adjusted them, you have 0 distance. Those LEDs are trash and should never be used.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

thanks i will review your posts and see what i did wrong.

Comment

Basically, an LED is supposed to mimic a halogen filament. That LED does not, it just throws light everywhere. You need a quality set of LEDs. The other problem is that those aftermarket lights tend to have mediocre to terrible projectors (depends really). But fix the first problem first.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Good thing is now you can retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X