Mini H1 and Halogens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini H1 and Halogens

Anyone ever try using Halogen bulbs in a Mini H1 7.0 ? What results would I expect?

I don't think halogen H1 will fit in the hole.

Comment

They easily fit.

Comment

The results aren't great but aren't so bad either. I've seen it done on Headlight Junkies. It's decent enough for a temporary use, but may I ask why?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
          The results aren't great but aren't so bad either. I've seen it done on Headlight Junkies. It's decent enough for a temporary use, but may I ask why?
          I'm not exactly sure how reliable these HID kits are.

Comment

Originally posted by dbshelton View Post

I'm not exactly sure how reliable these HID kits are.
            If HID's weren't reliable, there wouldn't be a whole forum dedicated to them. Cheap HID's are unreliable. Good HID's are reliable. If you use Hylux ballasts with good bulbs, you will have a much better setup than a halogen in the H1.

Comment

Hey, I'm just learning. That's why I am here.

Thanks

Comment

@ OP, if you're still considering halogen bulb as backup, the only missing piece is a 9006 pigtail with sockets that can connect to the H1 halogen bulb. That way, you can swap the connection that would have gone to the ballast from the HID wiring harness with the 9006-connected-halogen bulb.
                Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
                X