No announcement yet.

Hot glue to secure demon eyes, how bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot glue to secure demon eyes, how bad?

So unfortunately I wasn't thinking and used generic hot glue to secure my demon eyes to the brackets. Using ample amounts of hot glue I thought it would be ok until one night I was looking at my lights while they were on and noticed something dripping. That's when I realized that the HID's were probably melting the hot glue *♂️.

I've been checking my demon eyes paranoidly but it doesn't seem like they've moved or shifted as the brightness has remained consistent but I also try to use my low beams as little as possible.

How bad do you guys think this situation is? Will the HID's melt away all the hot glue or are my demon eyes safe?

I used hot glue on both sides of the bracket including the hole I made on the backside to run the wiring.
    Phaze Automotive

Yeah I'm pretty sure the heat of an HID bulb will easily melt hot glue. I would tear them apart and remove it to be sure.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

yeah hot glue was almost the worst thing you could use. I would recommend redoing the retrofit immediately, so there's not permanent lasting damage (if there isn't already)

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmare69 View Post
        So unfortunately I wasn't thinking and used generic hot glue to secure my demon eyes to the brackets. Using ample amounts of hot glue I thought it would be ok until one night I was looking at my lights while they were on and noticed something dripping. That's when I realized that the HID's were probably melting the hot glue *♂️.

I've been checking my demon eyes paranoidly but it doesn't seem like they've moved or shifted as the brightness has remained consistent but I also try to use my low beams as little as possible.

How bad do you guys think this situation is? Will the HID's melt away all the hot glue or are my demon eyes safe?

I used hot glue on both sides of the bracket including the hole I made on the backside to run the wiring.

Ya hot glue was the pretty much the worst thing you could of used , open your housings a fix ASAP , the hot glue might off gas and destroy your lenses ,along with screwing up your projectors

Comment

Working...
        X