High RPM idle with HID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High RPM idle with HID

Noticing car is idling @ higher RPM when HIDs are turned on and left on. Jumps from 600RPM to almost 1K RPM and stays like that.

Is this normal?

No. What car? Do you have relay harness?

Comment

10th gen civic
      no relay harness

Comment

sounds like that kit or installation is really draining the system, causing the alternator/engine to kick into higher RPM to compensate. Not normal, not really no

Comment

I would remove whatever you've installed in case it damages something. I've never had idle jump and OE systems don't do that.

Comment

That's pretty unheard of. What kit did you install? Try a relay harness, but you may have a defective kit.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

hylux ballast, CN light, both from ebay.
              here's a video, HID turned on @ 15 second mark (already warmed up):

Comment

Bump
                Any input please?

Comment

Not normal at all , are your ballasts 35 watt or 45 watt ? I would definatly install a relay harness .
                  I can turn on 3 sets of 45 watt ballasts and 2 high powered light bars , and my idle doesn't increase at all

Comment

an update: put halogens back in and car still revs high when headlights or highbeams turned on (in park)..
                    so it's not the HIDs...

Comment

Car is too new to have issues like that. Take it to the dealer

Comment

It barely increased from 750 rpm to 800.

Comment

Hahahaha I just watched the video, looks like the thermo fans kicked in, or aircon if you had that running. Like Puneet said, barely increased. Nothing wrong there.
                          Load on alternator = ECU bumps the idle a little.

Comment

Working...
                          X