Denso D4S Ballasts - TRS and Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denso D4S Ballasts - TRS and Amazon

Hey all, had to replace a headlight assembly recently on a Lexus IS350. Unfortunately, the replacement headlight arrived with a dead ballast so the seller offered to have me buy one and him reimburse me or he buys one for me. Opted for him to send one to me. The one I received feels awfully cheap, and looks to be those $40ish ones you can grab off of Amazon. Opened it up and the inside is potted, and I know the one that I just took out wasn't potted. It feels awfully light and cheap compared to the original as well. I see TRS sells one that looks exactly like the one I just received, yet they're selling it as a Denso. Just curious, for anyone who has bought one from TRS, was the inside potted as well? At the very least, I'm going to assume the one I got sent was a knockoff Denso.

https://i.imgur.com/ssONYAA.jpg

I'm not sure about D4S, but regular D2S Denso ballasts are not potted. You have to pay extra for for it to be potted

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      I'm not sure about D4S, but regular D2S Denso ballasts are not potted. You have to pay extra for for it to be potted
      I'm more curious if these Denso ballasts are supposed to come potted like the one I received. I know for sure the ones with the Toyota stamp on them don't.

Comment

Realize these Toyota ballast are installed INSIDE a plastic box negating the need for them to be properly potted. In short, NO denso ballast will be. So, pot them! (or have them potted). I potted mine several years and still going strong!

Comment

Since they go inside the headlight in a sealed compartment, they aren't potted. Have both Denso D2 (slim) and D4 (square) ones/bought 2nd hand ones from Japan.

Comment

Working...
          X