Osram CBB in H7 projector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osram CBB in H7 projector

Hello all! I've tried searching, but can't find a great answer! I want to run CBB's in my H7 projector... They don't appear to make it in that size, so wondering what type of adapter is adorable, or mod that can be done? There are plenty of H7 to d2s options, but struggling to find the opposite!

Thanks much!

That's because there are none. D2S bulbs are specific to heir physical socket in the projector, not the electrical plug. Likewise, the same it true for all bulbs. So, if you want HIDs in a halogen bowl you only have 3 options: Morimoto, CNlight, ebay/china stuff. However, it is NOT advised to do this because you will more than likely burn the bowl on that projector and cause lots of glare for oncoming traffic to deal with, which is unsafe. If you want to do this properly and use those awesome CBBs, then do a retrofit with a D2S style projector housing like the Mini D2S 5.0, FXR 3.0, G5-R, and the like. Since you already have projectors, it's probably a very easy swap, mine were.

Check out https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and https://www.lightwerkz.net/ they also have youtube pages with TONS of info for what you're needing to know.

Just please don't be one of those people that blinds everyone by putting the wrong light in the wrong housing.

Also, please visit this website for how to properly aim your lights after you install new / different bulbs. https://www.danielsternlighting.com/...S67SNv-4ZK4GCs
    Last edited by VetteV12; February 10th, 2019, 07:46 PM. Reason: Added website

Comment

Thanks for the info! I am currently running morimoto with the 45w hylux and just looking for some more out of them without doing a retrofit. I'm not handy\patient enough to pull that off and can't justify 500+ on a professional job. My cutoffs are pretty solid and I've driven opposite it enough when testing to know I'm not blinding anyone.

Anyway, there were a few random finds where people have placed some sort of modified plate to attach to a d2s bulb that would make it work with the harness pins of a H7, it just wasn't detailsd enough to follow. So yeah, looking if anyone knows how I could pull it off!

Comment

Adapting a D2S bulb to an H7 projector is iffy. I tried it, never looked 100%. Get some XenonDepot bulbs, they're a lot brighter than Morimoto. The Philips rebased ones (OEM Philips capsule in a halogen base) will be back in a few weeks and they kick ass.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Yeah I am afraid with the lack of info it may just be too tough!

There seems to be a lot of morimoto vs xenondepot stuff out there, but don't doubt that morimoto falls short of stated specs based on what I've seen with mine...

You just muah these standard XD bulbs?
          https://www.xenondepot.com/H7-HID-Ki...p/xt-h7-rb.htm

Or you have something else in mind not yet available? I'm in no hurry

Comment

I run the standard 5000K, but the Philips 4300K (not available on the site but 2.5 weeks away) are like 17% brighter. Lux data in here. https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-bulb-shootout

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Murphcm View Post
              Thanks for the info! I am currently running morimoto with the 45w hylux and just looking for some more out of them without doing a retrofit. I'm not handy\patient enough to pull that off and can't justify 500+ on a professional job. My cutoffs are pretty solid and I've driven opposite it enough when testing to know I'm not blinding anyone.
              Be aware that just because you have projectors does not mean that they are incapable of giving off too much glare. In fact, they are much like a reflector lamp. A halogen projector is designed for a halogen bulb and the bowl was designed to focus no more than 2000 lumens. When you stick a 3000+ lumens HID bulb in there and THEN use a 45w ballast to further boost that output, this is a recipe for an extreme amount of light that can and will escape above the cutoff due to the optics. The projector simply cannot manage all that light.

You cannot determine actual glare levels with the naked eye (such as standing in front of the vehicle a few feet away). Glare can only be measured with a light meter AND at the correct angle in which glare reaches other drivers eyes. Many people believe glare is just any light way above the cutoff, but that is incorrect. Glare that reaches other drivers eyes is much closer to the cutoff and at a precise angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                I run the standard 5000K, but the Philips 4300K (not available on the site but 2.5 weeks away) are like 17% brighter. Lux data in here. https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-bulb-shootout
                Thanks for that! I don't suppose you ran any tests with the 6000k bulb?? I really like the daylight\white color tone and would be afraid the 4300k or even 5000 boosted with 45w would end up very warm... ?

I also wonder that if keeping my halogen projectors for a while I may be better off running a morimoto 2stroke or SL1 LED to mimick halogen filaments and scrap the HIDs until I consider a retrofit...?

Comment

I didn't, I have a set but in the wrong size so I can't test it. Haven't installed it yet either.

If it's projectors, HID > LED if your output is good. Much more light, much better color.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                  X