Specific bulb question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific bulb question

I've been driving myself crazy trying to decide what bulb to get to match to the D2S 5.0. The AR coated lenses on these makes it very difficult to discern what the resulting color will be from each bulb. I know the CBI will be warmer from reviews, but to what extent exactly? I really like the new Night Breaker Lasers (pure white with a just a hint of warm light), but have only been able to see them in clear lens projectors. Does anyone have any constant rate exposure photos or direct first hand experience with the CBI, CBB, and NB Laser in the new 5.0's?

I was just getting ready to ask the same question. I'm looking at swapping the 5.0's into some High Country projectors and was wondering which color temp to go with. The AR coating will change the color a little. I talked to Phil over at fast headlights last night and since I have 5500k Mori bulbs in now, he recommended the 6500k bulbs for the 5.0 because of the blue AR coating. I would love to see some pics or a video comparing the different bulbs for the 5.0's. D2H 5500k vs 6500k pics and also all the D2S variants would be awesome!!

Comment

I said F it and bought some legitimate CBB's I found for $100. But I've got 2 setups that I'm retrofitting so I'm going to be testing the CBB's out and then attempt to decide from there. I wish they didn't put the AR coating on these because I absolutely love the new Night Breaker Laser, but I'm worried it'll come out super yellow like a halogen with these lenses.

If you get a chance, please take some constant exposure rate photos of the 5500K and 6500K or whatever bulb you get and post them up. I'll do the same when I get my parts in so we can help out the community since the shops that sell these are highly reluctant to show pictures for some odd reason. Almost makes me want to go with the G5-R on the other setup just to spite Morimoto lol.

Comment

Comment

Found these two, but nothing with a standard 35W ballast.
          Different car, very recent retrofit of CBB D2S 5.0 again with 45W Hylux

Comment

I jus pulled the trigger and bought the 5.0 kit from FastHeadights. I told Phil I want the 5500k bulbs instead of the 6500, so well see how theyll look in a bit.

Comment

That's funny, we bought our stuff near the same day lol. But I used LightWerkz because the main dude is, in my opinion, the best there is.

I went with the 45w Hylux and a friend has a 35w china knockoff denso that I'm going to use to compare the output of each with CBB's. I don't mess around with those aftermarket bulbs, I think they're junk and should only be used if you're using a standard H# socket. I only pay $102+tax for CBB's though and they are 100% authentic, or $85 for CBI's. The supplier I use sells at close to whole sale pricing is why it's so cheap. He said they only make about $20 off each set if that tells you how much all the HID places are price gouging on these...just really pisses me off when companies do this. Just like Hylux ballast can be purchased for about $14 directly from the manufacture, down side is waiting 2 months to get them and time is money. Anyways, my supplier is out of CBB's at the moment but I'll post here or PM you when they're back in stock if you're interested. He said it should be next week when he gets the next shipment.

Comment

I just got the shipping notification on them. Should be here Tuesday. I already have some xb35 ballasts and a relay harness, so Ill stick with them for now. Id gladly pay $14 for some hylux ballasts though, Lol. Ive had good luck with the Morimoto bulbs for a few years, so Ill stick with the D2h bulbs for now and see how they hold up.

My wife has a TSX and Im trying to talk her into some CBIs too.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
                  I just got the shipping notification on them. Should be here Tuesday. I already have some xb35 ballasts and a relay harness, so Ill stick with them for now. Id gladly pay $14 for some hylux ballasts though, Lol. Ive had good luck with the Morimoto bulbs for a few years, so Ill stick with the D2h bulbs for now and see how they hold up.

My wife has a TSX and Im trying to talk her into some CBIs too.
                  Thanks for the info, this might help for me too,

Comment

atm i'm using the hylux 45 watt ballast with morimoto 6500k bulbs , I am gonna try the CBB'S as well , Ceasar from lightworkz a while back comparing the morimoto 6500k vs the CBB'S , but he used the D2s 4.0 , the Cbb's were a little warmer then the 6500k bulbs and about 15% brighter he said the CBB'S with 45 watt ballasts looked like CBI'S , So with the D2s 5.0 , the output would be pretty dam warm , probably close to (4200k - 4500k like the night breaker lasers ) . if it was me I wouldn't get the D2s 5.0, IMO the G5-r's are just as good and they don't change the output lol unless your looking for really warm output

Comment

That depends on what you consider "just as good." The MD2S 5.0 is proven to be better in real world scenarios, not some lame white wall with lux readings taken from the hot spot. Also, warm light is better for actual seeing and driving. I hate blue lights and hate the people that use them because they reduce my night vision each time I have to pass them. Pure white and "warm" light is used for this reason from the factory. I also want coated lenses for their benefits that a lot of people don't seem to understand.

However, I bench tested CBB's and a 45w and 35w ballast yesterday and I can say without doubt that the CBB + MD2S 5.0 + 45w Hylux is the absolute best performing projector I've ever seen for color and light output. It was white as could be with a very slight tinge of warmth. I tested in-doors and out-doors and both test were conclusive of the color output.

The CBB with a 35w was still quite blue, looked an LED.

Comment

Working...
                      X