Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Acura MDX: Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0, 4TL-R or ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Acura MDX: Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0, 4TL-R or ???

I'm gearing up to retrofit a 2004 Acura MDX that I just picked up. It appears that I am limited to a 2.5" projector and looking for opinions as to what are my best bixenon options. At this time, I think it comes down to either the Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 or the 4TL-R. If the 4TL-R is a bolt-on for my vehicle, my mind will be 50% made up. However I am familiar with the Mini 4.0 but know very little about the 4TL-R. I have seem some comparisons between the 4TL-R and the Mini 2.0 and 3.0 but can't find anything comparing the 5.0 to the 4TL-R.
    Anyone have any experience with these two and any comparison specs and output shots? Does anyone know whether the 4TL-R is a direct (or near direct) bolt-on for the Acura MDX and finally, any suggestions/opinions for a better bixenon projector I should consider?

TRS put out one with 4TL-R vs the D2S 4.0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvOsikwRGcs
    cheers,
    Douglas

Comment

Thanks for the link. I ended up installing the Morimoto H11 kit in my stock projectors and although I don't have the perks of a bixenon, I am definitely impressed with the extremely wide and even beam distribution that I get. I think I'm going to leave it at that while I mull over the idea of installing MH1's for the high beams.

Comment

Working...
      X