Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New H7 HID Bulbs, what to choose? Yeaky , CnLight FBI Bulbs or Heartray (Morimoto XB32 gen2?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H7 HID Bulbs, what to choose? Yeaky , CnLight FBI Bulbs or Heartray (Morimoto XB32 gen2?)

Hello guys,

Long time no post from me, but after having my Morimoto XB35 gen1 bulbs for more than a 4 years without a single issue, I think it is a time for a replacements.

I am trying to decide beetween these 3, Yeaky (same as the original XB35 bulbs?), CnLight new FBI Ball shaped bulbs or new brand I found on aliexpress which looks way to similiar to new Morimoto XB35 ones? Maybe they are the same? They have the same connector style and base.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SUKI...AbTest=ae803_5

You can find them on this link.

Which one should I choose? Which one will be the brightest of the bunch?

Best regards

Any help guys?

Comment

Are you set on Aliexpress bulbs?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

I really do not have a choice to be honest, I live in Europe and shipping from USA is super expensive. I wanted to try XD bulbs, but with shipping they will cost me north of 100 USD. Any advices Haloruler?

Comment

What HID projector takes H7 bulb? Ahhh... try Osram laser or Philips racing vision

But yeah, I'd like to try Xenondepot products but shipping is a killer.

Comment

NiZmo_Man tI know it is not ideal scenario, but I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, where PNP hids in reflectors are norm, 10000 K chinese bulbs standard, and majoriti of cars which could not pass technical inspection anywhere in Africa, but they are still driving around and nobody cares. Hell most of the cars are not even road worthy here, so my halogen projectors with nice cutoff wont make difference at all. Our roads are awfull, full of potholes, unmarked roads are norm here, and higways are still 20 years away. You get the idea. I ordered new FBI CnLight bulbs, they seem quality and they promise 20% brighter lights. I hope they will be at least brigh as the morimotos when they were new. Best regards

Comment

I'd go for some CNLights. They're good bulbs.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                I'd go for some CNLights. They're good bulbs.
                I ordered CnLight FBI bulbs these should be the newest and the best from CnLight, I hope they will be OK. Thanks

Comment

I had CNLight H1 in an old mini H1 retrofit, they worked fine (identical colour between the bulbs so I was happy).

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
                    NiZmo_Man tI know it is not ideal scenario, but I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, where PNP hids in reflectors are norm, 10000 K chinese bulbs standard, and majoriti of cars which could not pass technical inspection anywhere in Africa, but they are still driving around and nobody cares. Hell most of the cars are not even road worthy here, so my halogen projectors with nice cutoff wont make difference at all. Our roads are awfull, full of potholes, unmarked roads are norm here, and higways are still 20 years away. You get the idea. I ordered new FBI CnLight bulbs, they seem quality and they promise 20% brighter lights. I hope they will be at least brigh as the morimotos when they were new. Best regards
                    Sorry to say Morimoto bulbs are brighter then the Cn light FBI bulbs , I have both and have compared the 2 , morimoto bulbs are around 25-30% brighter , and to be honest , I didn't see any reduction in glare either with the FBI bulbs , and don't buy into the 20 % brighter BS either lol

Comment

If I guessed the supplier of Morimoto bulbs correctly, CNLight ball style bulbs are about the same brightness. A hair dimmer. Definitely not 25-30% brighter. I've had both low end CNlights in my car and Morimotos, around the same brightness. It's just that only one of the two had a green tint.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

If I guessed the supplier of Morimoto bulbs correctly, CNLight ball style bulbs are about the same brightness. A hair dimmer. Definitely not 25-30% brighter. I've had both low end CNlights in my car and Morimotos, around the same brightness. It's just that only one of the two had a green tint.
                        well those are the results my lux meter gave me ,and I could defiantly tell a large difference in the driving test as well , I've also have used both lines of Cn light bulbs , the (bubble ) FBI bulbs are defiantly better then the lowend model , but still don't compare to morimoto bulbs

Comment

Ouch not good then, i should have gotten the morimoto bulbs again. But when you take in account that my morimoto bulbs are 4 years old CnLight one should br brighter

Comment

It's simply not true. Here's Lightwerkz comparing Morimoto to NHK: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc3IZVAF_Im/?hl=en

Here's me comparing Lightwerkz' own NHK, supplied by them, to a high grade ball type CNLight from Diode Dynamics: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-bulb-shootout

The NHK are 15% brighter than Morimoto, according to Lightwerkz. The NHK are 10% brighter than the CNLights according to my testing. Hence, the Morimotos are NOT brighter than the CNLights.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

It's simply not true. Here's Lightwerkz comparing Morimoto to NHK: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc3IZVAF_Im/?hl=en

Here's me comparing Lightwerkz' own NHK, supplied by them, to a high grade ball type CNLight from Diode Dynamics: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-bulb-shootout

The NHK are 15% brighter than Morimoto, according to Lightwerkz. The NHK are 10% brighter than the CNLights according to my testing. Hence, the Morimotos are NOT brighter than the CNLights.

Thanks Haloruler64 , milion opinions around here. I will trust you because you did a lot of testing here, I hope they will be ok. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X