Need To Upgrade To The Best D2R Bulbs On The Market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Upgrade To The Best D2R Bulbs On The Market

I am trying to upgrade from old Philips D2R Bulbs wanted to know if Osram will ever be releasing D2R Cool Blue Boost Bulbs or CBIs are the best OSRAM I can get? 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6

Are these( D2R - Philips HID Flash Star 6700K 85126FSX2 Bulbs) better than Osram CBI D2R and Osram Cool Blue Boost D2R?

Is Powerbulbs the only legit store to buy authentic bulbs? Any help is greatly appreciated

Can anyone help?

Comment

I would get the X-treme vision

Comment

I've been digging into what bulbs to get as well, but I'm having the issue of finding reviews from people with AR coated lenses. However, what I've learned may help you.

The OSRAM Night Breaker Laser are supurb for back roads or more nature type setting as well as for inclement weather like rain, fog, and snow.

The CBB put out a lot of intense light and will hurt your night vision, but if you're city driving most of the time it's not that big of a deal with the blue tinted light.

The CBI is the "go to" bulb of choice for almost everyone because it strikes the balance between the two above. However, it's not ideal for situations like the Night Breaker Laser is.

Although this video is in German, it will show you a direct comparison of the CBB and Night Breaker Laser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22OPkW807-o

Hope this helps, spent literally over 50hrs of reading, searching, and watching videos to find real and accurate information on these. I haven't looked into the Philips bulbs and don't plan to. They appear to be well made and designed, but OSRAM is cheaper.
        Last edited by VetteV12; February 8th, 2019, 02:33 AM. Reason: added video link

Comment

Who makes better bulbs Osram or Philips?

Comment

Originally posted by DEOUTLANDER View Post
            Who makes better bulbs Osram or Philips?
            Whichever one is on sale.

Comment

Going to be buying D2Rs Headlights and HB3s For high beams which Brand will last the longest and provide the strongest Lumens on the road in the Northeast US?

Comment

Easy, the new OSRAM Night Breaker Laser will be the brightest and last the longest, period. These have been marketed as true OEM life span bulbs with better color and more light output for years now and the newest "laser" is even better.

However, it depends on what lens and how powerful your ballast is. I've got some bulbs and ballasts on order right now to see if I can get more out of a set of MD2S 5.0's with CBB and a 45w Hylux. Pretty sure this will end up being my favorite setup with a pure white light that is super bright, but life span of the bulbs is not great, only about 1000hrs.

Also, why D2R? D2S is the standard, but I think D2S and D2R are the same thing. Not positive on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by VetteV12 View Post
                  Also, why D2R? D2S is the standard, but I think D2S and D2R are the same thing. Not positive on that though.
                  They're not. They have a similar base and the same focal point, but D2R is designed for reflectors.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                  2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post

They're not. They have a similar base and the same focal point, but D2R is designed for reflectors.
                    Interesting, yeah same technical specifications from drawings, but the D2R has that metal strip / reflector thing on it. What's that for exactly?

Comment

D2R because that is the only hid headlight bulb my Outlander uses. My highbeams are HB3 is Powerbulbs the best place to order legit authentic bulbs from?

Comment

Originally posted by VetteV12 View Post

Interesting, yeah same technical specifications from drawings, but the D2R has that metal strip / reflector thing on it. What's that for exactly?
                        Glare reduction, it blocks sections of the light emission. Not sure why it couldn't be achieved just with bowl design and a glare cap frankly.

Originally posted by DEOUTLANDER View Post
                        D2R because that is the only hid headlight bulb my Outlander uses. My highbeams are HB3 is Powerbulbs the best place to order legit authentic bulbs from?
                        You've asked the questions in this thread in like 4 or 5 threads so far. Never gotten a satisfying answer. Why not just throw some Mini D2S 5.0 projectors into your headlights and be done with those mediocre D2R reflectors?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Up, I also want to upgrade someday, any ideas or recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                          X