Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a true 55 watt ballast on the market ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a true 55 watt ballast on the market ?

Sure there's 45 watt, 50 watt and 75 watt ballasts on the market , you see 55 watt advertised all over the place , has anyone ever tested and confirmed that there is true 55 watt ballasts available, if so where do I find them ? thanks

Originally posted by bctileguy View Post
    Sure there's 45 watt, 50 watt and 75 watt ballasts on the market , you see 55 watt advertised all over the place , has anyone ever tested and confirmed that there is true 55 watt ballasts available, if so where do I find them ? thanks
    The Asian ballasts "all" base their wattage on ballast input, not output to the bulb, you can figure on on about only 85% going to the bulb. The Europeans (legit OEM) all base wattage as to what goes to the bulb, the industry standard for all HID technology. You know how the Chinese play the numbers game.
    Most Asian "55 watt" ballasts are closer to 45 watts and so on.
    Last edited by D1S; February 4th, 2019, 10:14 AM.
    D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

Comment

To piggy pack off D1S, unless it's OEM grade then no, it's not going to be a true 55w ballast. I've read that the Hella V3 or V4 can be boosted to 55w fairly easily though if that helps.

Comment

Yeah boosting Hella Gen 3s is pretty easy.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
          Yeah boosting Hella Gen 3s is pretty easy.
          thanks for the reply , is there any info or build logs available ?

Comment

Vision Auto Labs has made a guide. https://www.facebook.com/VisionAutoL...1348386483544/

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
              thanks bro

Comment

Working...
              X